• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spurs (H) 4/3: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do, but all the forward players we have are a bit crap, so I’m not holding my breath.

Let's be fair, they've had fuck all chance today. Our midfield have been absolutely shocking on the ball, not beaten the press once. Hot potato FC.

Not watching the game so not sure how well we're playing but genuine question: how does a team as expensively assembled as ours manage less possession and not a single shot when playing at home? Spurs aren't world beaters.

Let's be fair, they've had fuck all chance today. Our midfield have been absolutely shocking on the ball, not beaten the press once. Hot potato FC.
How fair can you be to a group of forwards that doesn’t score, assist, or offer much of anything progressive in open play?

Not sure I'm that keen on Neves being captain, he seems to get distracted from his game and spend the whole time having a wide-eyed whinge at the ref, to no effect. Give it to Dawson

How fair can you be to a group of forwards that doesn’t score, assist, or offer much of anything progressive in open play?

You can't if the ball doesn't come out of your own defensive 3rd.

Well that was riveting.

45 minutes without a shot. Gotta love watching us right now.

I know they've not created anything clear cut, but we can't keep playing like this, it's asking for trouble. We've been shocking on the ball, no control at all

Valiant defensive work from just about everyone.

Going forward, we don’t seem to have any players worth the Prem. They just offer nothing.

You can't if the ball doesn't come out of your own defensive 3rd.
A little hold up play would go a long way. Maybe not as long as Raul’s first touch is atm.

We haven't got a clue once we venture into their half.

Sarabia off for Cunha and push him forwards with Raul please Julen. Neto isn't going to last a full 90 so Traore will no doubt be on at some point too.

Not sure I'm that keen on Neves being captain, he seems to get distracted from his game and spend the whole time having a wide-eyed whinge at the ref, to no effect. Give it to Dawson

I don't think it's an issue that's really linked to him being captain, it's not like never went whinging to a ref with his hands up in some sort of plea of innocence before he had the armband. It's an annoying trait though.

How the fuck are Bournemouth still winning at Arsenal too? Currently one point behind us with a game in hand, if things stay as they are.

A little hold up play would go a long way. Maybe not as long as Raul’s first touch is atm.

The ball needs to be actually directed to someone's vicinity to have that. We've just punted it back to em

I don't think it's an issue that's really linked to him being captain, it's not like never went whinging to a ref with his hands up in some sort of plea of innocence before he had the armband. It's an annoying trait though.

I'm sure he's done it more since Coady left. Don't mind if the captain is a whinger if it influences the game, but it just doesn't

So do (latter-day) Nuno, Lage and Lop all share the same love of having the same, neutered and ineffective offensive plan, and constant passing back when in possession, or has it been the players calling the shots the whole time?

We are awful to watch.
Our passing is shite.

So do (latter-day) Nuno, Lage and Lop all share the same love of having the same, neutered and ineffective offensive plan, and constant passing back when in possession, or has it been the players calling the shots the whole time?

We haven't bought a creative midfielder since forever. The squad's been built to 'give it a winger to do some magic', but they don't/can't do it anymore

Not sure what we do different, all 3 front players look isolated. Maybe try to get Neto & sarabia nearer to Raul? Or push a midfielder nearer to Raul?

We're just so shit in possession

Traore and Collins on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back