• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

There are some reasonable articles on the E&S site today. The Martin Swain piece is pretty decent, and Tim should be given credit for his article concerning Jackett.

I actually think they both do a decent job, but then go and cock it up by putting a stupid article out.

Tim doesn't get wet after the game any more, for that Kenny gets a gold star.

I thought it was ok, very "meh" to be honest. A fair bit of humble pie eating too.
There's a fair few sly digs at people now gone in there too.

I'm with you regarding the sly digs LJ. They don't need to be in there as the article could just say things along the line of that he is always on time, gives greater access to the squad etc etc. All managers are going to have own ways of dealing with the press and I'm sure that most of the fans wouldn't give a damn about it all as long as there is success on the pitch.

He was useless on WM this morning by the way. Erming and umming and arghing (Nash not Jackett).

From the website.....

it has been decided that any post-season celebrations on top of the normal formalities at the final fixture against Carlisle will take place on that day.

Bit of a clue there!

EDIT: E & S have edited the earlier article since Wolves tweeted

He is on a rolling one-year deal so always has the twelve month notice period. It can't run down. Equally, you don't actually need to produce a new contract to give a pay-rise under that system anyway. You can GUARANTEE it will have had a promotion bonus and wage-rise written into it anyway.

Absolute non-story.

Yep getting the respose they were after, everyone knows, well almost everyone, that long term contracts mean fuck all.

The paper is just trying to get another anti Moxey rant going, cue 'Franksie' picking up the baton.

Yep getting the respose they were after, everyone knows, well almost everyone, that long term contracts mean fuck all.

Regardless of that, Kenny is on the longest type of contract in football.

Understandable, we've only been giving out these contracts perpetually ever since we gave Hoddle a new deal in the summer of 2005.

They say it's a rolling contact early in the article.

Besides, I'd rather be on a five year deal than a 12 month rolling one.

I doubt he's on a football style fixed term contract, or even a rolling one. I'd say just a standard employment contract with a notice period appropriate to his seniority.

Back