• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

Plus the likes of Cunha has arguments with GO as they see certain ways to win games but GO tells them there is another way (maybe he should start listening to Cunha)

So the 2 things to take out of the Johnny Phillips piece are that we priced Sa out of a move and he's got the hump - more transfer mismanagement.

And as Sniffer says GON is committed to 4 at the back and a high line - it'll get him sacked

Could view it more positively with Sa - not waited for him to be out the door before getting a replacement. Without knowing the asking price or offer it's impossible to say if the club made the right call in stopping him from leaving but they do now have a situation to manage for a few months at least if he's decided to throw a strop.

Last edited:
So the 2 things to take out of the Johnny Phillips piece are that we priced Sa out of a move and he's got the hump - more transfer mismanagement.
"Transfer mismanagement" - so a player decides he wants a move and the club doesn't want him to do so and to honour his contract. Frankly, I'd say it was unprofessional of the player to act in a way to force a move than any transfer mismanagement.

I don't know if Sa has been trying to do this, but the club and its management have every right to say "no" if they don't think any proposed deal is right.

We all know that the balance of power has shifted to the player but if a club bowed down to a player each and every time they wanted a move, then we'd have even more of a problem. And, it seems to me to be good management to bring in a replacement keeper to nullify the situation. The ball is now in Sa's court. Let's see how professional he is now his bluff has been called, if, in fact, that is the case.

Plus the likes of Cunha has arguments with GO as they see certain ways to win games but GO tells them there is another way (maybe he should start listening to Cunha)
Eh, No.
GON is the manager and it is his cross to bear. He will sink or swim based on his decisions. And if Cunha doesn't like it, well he can enjoy a spell on the sidelines. No player is bigger than the manager and no manager is bigger than the club.

Well, it will either work, or it will get him sacked. It's a bit of a gamble.
I think it's more than a bit of a gamble. Andre is going to have to be outstanding, RAN will have to adapt to a new role and Mosquera is going to have to play well beyond his level of experience for there to be any chance of making it work.

It's the shittest gamble I have seen in a while, and I walk past Pokie Rooms every day.

Even if you're limiting to just the 2000s (it's not clear as he starts conflating Neves etc later on), all of these played 10+ league games in CM for Wolves in that decade:

Neil Emblen
Simon Osborn
Steve Sedgley
Scott Taylor
Keith Andrews
Carl Robinson
Tony Dinning
Alex Rae
Colin Cameron
Mark Kennedy
Paul Ince
Ivar Ingimarsson
Joey Gudjonsson
Seyi George Olofinjana
Rohan Ricketts
Darren Anderton
Tom Huddlestone
Mark Davies
Karl Henry
Darren Potter
Darron Gibson
Dave Edwards
David Jones
Nenad Milijas

You've got to squint hard to get him into a top 10 based on his Jan 2008-Dec 2009 performances (for the record, 46 league starts, 23 sub appearances, 4 goals). Let alone "the best"!

Hennessey was alright, he just never progressed from what he was when he was 20 or so.

The drop off from him to Ikeme was enormous.

Made some howlers from about 93-95, I’d also put Wayne Hennessey in the pretty crap category to.
Stowell was a good keeper for the time. He retro gets judged harshly as we only see the goals conceded on clips, not the saves and in the last 30 odd years goalkeeping standards have risen so much that he's critiqued in a modern not historical lens.

My unpopular opinion John De Wolf was all style and very little substance. Milk turned quicker

Hennessey was alright, he just never progressed from what he was when he was 20 or so.

The drop off from him to Ikeme was enormous.

Yep but that’s no shining endorsement on Hennessey, far too error prone. Decent championship keeper where you’re not as tested.

Last edited:
Stowell was a good keeper for the time. He retro gets judged harshly as we only see the goals conceded on clips, not the saves and in the last 30 odd years goalkeeping standards have risen so much that he's critiqued in a modern not historical lens.

My unpopular opinion John De Wolf was all style and very little substance. Milk turned quicker

I thought he was better in his later years here, still have nightmares about the goal he let in v Boro in 1993.

My one is that Dean Richards wasn't actually very good for us.

94/95 - only came in at the very back end and played a fair few of his games at RB.

95/96 - yes he was good. In a dreadful team. And didn't play after late January.

96/97 - appalling for the opening months to the point he was getting booed at home games (I do not condone this). Improved a little bit, got injured again in January and didn't play again.

97/98 - didn't play until Boxing Day. Was alright without being too flash and was at least partly culpable for Arsenal's goal in the semi final.

98/99 - finally managed to play a full season. But was no more than average. Old man Keith Curle was way better than him.

Then left on a free.

You'd think he was a 90s Virgil van Dijk listening to our fans.

The redevelopment of molineux from 91-93 was a bit meh when it was completed.
Yep compared to what it was it was much better but thought it could have been done a bit better than it was

The redevelopment of molineux from 91-93 was a bit meh when it was completed.
Yep compared to what it was it was much better but thought it could have been done a bit better than it was
Not doing the corners will forever annoy me

Back