• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Societal collapse?

interesting article looking at the disinformation network. there’s a much wider network of RW accounts on X essentially parroting the same BS, incl weaponising the ‘two tier’ hashtag. a couple of days ago I found I was following one of the dodgy accounts, RadioGenoa, out of nowhere - could have been an innocent accident but you start to wonder esp given Musk himself chose to wade in for no obvious sane reason.

clearly there’s a longer game to population indoctrination than the immediacy of the rioting which the instigators may therefore still consider a success despite the quietening down. I don’t do much if anything on other social media sites to know if the strategy is as rife on those.

sadly extremism can feed extremism on the Islamist side as well.

interesting article looking at the disinformation network. there’s a much wider network of RW accounts on X essentially parroting the same BS, incl weaponising the ‘two tier’ hashtag. a couple of days ago I found I was following one of the dodgy accounts, RadioGenoa, out of nowhere - could have been an innocent accident but you start to wonder esp given Musk himself chose to wade in for no obvious sane reason.

clearly there’s a longer game to population indoctrination than the immediacy of the rioting which the instigators may therefore still consider a success despite the quietening down. I don’t do much if anything on other social media sites to know if the strategy is as rife on those.

sadly extremism can feed extremism on the Islamist side as well.

Well that's fucking depressing.
Though why anyone would torture themselves with Twitter/X I don't understand.

Well that's fucking depressing.
Though why anyone would torture themselves with Twitter/X I don't understand.
The music challenge community that developed on Twitter, esp though Covid lockdowns, was a good outlet. Most people on those had enough in the end and have migrated to blue sky. I have an account there and should shift over at least for the music stuff. I guess if I had I wouldn’t have noticed the transparent step up in the bullshit Elon’s platform is spewing. And don’t get me wrong, it was pretty shit and extremely divisive before this. of course when the platform owner is investing $40m per month in a ‘political’ operator he’ll do anything to protect getting a return on that investment, regardless of whether anyone gets hurt or banged up in the process.

The music challenge community that developed on Twitter, esp though Covid lockdowns, was a good outlet. Most people on those had enough in the end and have migrated to blue sky. I have an account there and should shift over at least for the music stuff. I guess if I had I wouldn’t have noticed the transparent step up in the bullshit Elon’s platform is spewing. And don’t get me wrong, it was pretty shit and extremely divisive before this. of course when the platform owner is investing $40m per month in a ‘political’ operator he’ll do anything to protect getting a return on that investment, regardless of whether anyone gets hurt or banged up in the process.
Tbf cos I'm not on X, I only see stuff reposted on here which tends to be the extreme stuff, no doubt as with other platforms there's loads of good stuff I'm not aware of but I don't feel the need to get involved.

It doesn't show there has been two tier policing, it shows that different circumstances are dealt with differently and this is then used to fuel the perception that there is endemic, institutionalised two tier policing predominately by right wing actors.
It's why when it kicks off at football, the police will arrest the smaller group (if it's small enough).

It's how they keep the peace and the easier option. The Police often don't have the manpower to wade in and arrest everyone...

Two tier policing does not exist, what exists is the flexibility to police different situations differently and on an ad hoc basis.

I'm willing to bet that the stabbing in Leicester Square and the actions of Abdullah the shop security guard in helping stop the attacker, will not receive anywhere near the press coverage it would if it was another racially motivated attack.

I'm willing to bet that the stabbing in Leicester Square and the actions of Abdullah the shop security guard in helping stop the attacker, will not receive anywhere near the press coverage it would if it was another racially motivated attack.
Two-tiered reporting?

Was reported that last time he was arrested for threatening people and possession of a knife, he escaped going to prison because of his autism, judge said he’d be vulnerable if imprisoned, guessing he won’t be able to use that as a defence this time

Sorry but what was the point of this in the article

One woman said she woke up to "blue flashing lights" outside her home late last night. She added: “I looked out of the window and everybody was outside. There were ambulances and police. I wondered what was going on."

Might as well as said "one woman had no clue what was going on but including this meant I hit the amount of words I needed for this article"

Now I am not one for wild conspiracy theories but this story seems very coincidental...

1724146136602.png

Back