• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Snooker

7-1. Made hard work of the final frame, had frame ball to win it with 27 left on the table and missed, so it went to a respotted black.

Jones giving Trump a game on the other table. Should be going 4-4 if Judd clears up here, could easily have gone 5-3 Jones too (I've only watched this last frame).

It is 4-4 but wasn't straightforward.

Didn't give Jones much of a chance but he's in it now, just don't get blown away early doors was the key, and he'll be looking to turn it into a scrap as much as possible from here.

Where do you see him @The Bear ? Not an actual venue just a town. He used to be from, live and practice in Tamworth but I can see the BBC reporting today that he is from Derby?
In 2022 he co-bought South Derbyshire Snooker Club with two other guys in Swadlincote and called it Potters, after the husband of the couple who owned it passed away at Christmas 2021. It's where his grandad used to take Dave to practice regularly as a kid so it has sentimental memories for him.

I've been playing in the local league for the club since 2013 and see him practicing in there regularly. He had his own personal table from his regular club in Tamworth brought over. He still lives in Tamworth.

They've done the club up great now. There's 11 pool tables downstairs and 6 snooker tables upstairs. Always busy and Dave even helps out behind the bar too.

He's looking at playing pool a bit more too as they've sponsored a local lad who's gone professional in the Ultimate Pool league and Dave has played doubles with him. Dave makes his singles debut in Ultimate Pool later this summer in June.

Ronnie miles off it early doors. 2-0 down and needs to sharpen up pronto.

3-1 Bingham and Ronnie is fortunate to have the 1. Bingham ludicrously going for a 147 when about 30 in front and it wasn't really on.

Wilson going 4-0 up on Higgins.

Smart strategy from Bingham, boring Ronnie with the needless snookers in the 7th won him the 8th

4-4 in Ronnie vs Bingham, the latter has possibly missed his best chance to open up a decent lead as Ron was very poor for large chunks of this afternoon and you wouldn't think that will happen again to that degree.

Bingham acting the prick in frame 7, 50 behind, 35 on the table, no obvious snookers on and carried on for about 20 minutes. So awful to watch. I can't be doing with him.

Higgins about to pull it back to 5-3 which is a result from 4-0 and 5-1.

Yeah can only presume he was doing it to make Ronnie angry, it was fucking infuriating to watch so must of got to him. Definitely a missed opportunity give Ronnie's mistakes, hopefully the prick doesn't win another frame

You know they keep mentioning how 'tight' the pockets are - presuming they're always going to be standard dimensions and it's just that the knuckles are firmer and less forgiving?

You know they keep mentioning how 'tight' the pockets are - presuming they're always going to be standard dimensions and it's just that the knuckles are firmer and less forgiving?
Not always. There are always small discrepancies in fitting. Last year's were noticeably easier to slide in off the jaws.

They said this year they have a template that fits into the pockets to make sure they are at the right spec. If not the cushions can be adjusted inwards ever so slightly to make the corner jaws narrower.

I've played on Gilbert's own practice table (only £12 p/h!!) which is tournament spec, and jeez those bags are tight. And it's lightning fast. The ones I play matches on are also heated and slightly tighter bags than normal club tables, but his table is another level completely.

Not always. There are always small discrepancies in fitting. Last year's were noticeably easier to slide in off the jaws.

They said this year they have a template that fits into the pockets to make sure they are at the right spec. If not the cushions can be adjusted inwards ever so slightly to make the corner jaws narrower.

I've played on Gilbert's own practice table (only £12 p/h!!) which is tournament spec, and jeez those bags are tight. And it's lightning fast. The ones I play matches on are also heated and slightly tighter bags than normal club tables, but his table is another level completely.

I only watched a few frames of that Saudi golden ball shite as it was clearly nonsense but absolutely huge pockets! Miss by half a foot and it went in.

Blimey. An auction at my cricket club to play 3 frames against him didn’t go for much more than that!

Blimey. An auction at my cricket club to play 3 frames against him didn’t go for much more than that!
There was a Mark Selby exhibition evening in a Burton snooker club a few years back. One bloke payed a decent amount of money to play a frame against him. He broke off and Selby made a 147!! :LOL:

TableThumper Maguire almost takes the skin off his knuckles just now.

Someone in the crowd gave it a quiet mocking "ooooohh".

Trump heading out unless he gets his act together quickly. Playing like shit and 11-9 down.

12-9. He's not playing any better.

Wilson 8-4 up against Higgins.

Back