• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheffield Wednesday (H)

(center. sorry was in US for a good while, confuse spelling)
(Bio filled in).

This weekends game.
I have no interest in the team line up.
The problem is not team selection.
Whoever starts here will fail.
The problem is your coaching.
Management lack the knowledge and the attitude to learning.

(Bio filled in).

This weekends game.

At the risk of feeding the troll, if you have no interest in the team how do you know the coaching team are rubbish and have a lack of knowledge?

(Bio filled in).

This weekends game.

Referring to the club in the third person strongly implies you're not a wolves supporter.

Just stop bloody replying to it and hopefully it will go a fucking way

If he says his name is Martin Loftus and he spent time in the USA then he could be ex Wolves youth team (1975-76) and Portland Timbers legend Martin Loftus. Or he could be a WUM. Either way, his posts are bizarre.

Maybe I should apologize for my initial belligerence, unlike me.
Was having a bad morning.

No not a WUM. That is me Wolves youth team (1975-76).
To save misconceptions I did not play for the Portland Timbers.
I played for the university in Portland, USA.
Referring to "management" I do not intend lack of support.
I am concocting a reply to Johnny75's question, sorry to be so slow.

Now Batth is suspended for the game on Saturday, Lambert will see how serious the problem is regarding the defence, if he didn't know already.
Obviously I don't know what they have been doing in training, but I understand that CBJ can play CB, although it would be a very young and inexperienced pair unless Stearman (whom I've never rated) is by the side of him.

I'd play Silvio at LB next to Hause, and Iorfa at RB next to Stearman. That way you pair up an experienced man next to a youngster.
Then play Saiss and Price in front of them, with Cav, Dicko, Bod and Costa up front.

We are at home and need a win, so let's attack with a high line and score some goals.

I'd try to make as few changes to the back line as possible. Therefore I would bring in Stears as a straight swap for Batth.

I would bring Saiss in for Coady, providing some extra protection for the back four and so,e footballing ability for the team, I'd also bring in Cav for Saville.

Personally that's where I'd stop but I suspect Dave Edwards will be in for Bright.

Half price ticket offer has had a good response. That plus a good away support should see the attendance be around 27k.

If nothing else it will show Jeff and Co that cheaper tickets = more people in the Stadium in this Division

Big time, the current price structure clearly doesn't work, the complacency of "oh well, enough people will still come, let's stick with it" needs to end.

Bradford and Huddersfield are decent models to look at, it's all on a smaller scale to us but they had the recurrent problem of thousands of empty seats every week, they've done something about it.

Half price ticket offer has had a good response. That plus a good away support should see the attendance be around 27k.

If nothing else it will show Jeff and Co that cheaper tickets = more people in the Stadium in this Division
Good - I hope they do something about it.

If I didn't have to stay in on Saturday (new boiler being fitted - exciting times) I'd have brought the kids at those prices.

Darlymple has already said at the last FP that low prices doesnt mean higher attendances and thats backed up by their 'research'

Given the price increase of £1 this offer has paid for itself without the club swallowing any sort of a loss. A real rob Peter to pay Paul.

Darlymple has already said at the last FP that low prices doesnt mean higher attendances and thats backed up by their 'research'

Given the price increase of £1 this offer has paid for itself without the club swallowing any sort of a loss. A real rob Peter to pay Paul.

Dalrymple is the same as Thelwell. Replaced in the summer.

At the risk of feeding the troll, if you have no interest in the team how do you know the coaching team are rubbish and have a lack of knowledge?

I think you have afforded me a lot of chances.
But here goes.
Let me ask you, what did you think of the Preston North End game last Saturday ?
If you did not see that game, the last Wolves game you saw.
In particular, what went wrong ?

But here goes.
Let me ask you, what did you think of the Preston North End game last Saturday ?

I'll have a go at answering that if I may...
Wolves have been conceding goals at an alarming rate and stupid, early goals with awful defending and almost everyone on here acknowledged that the first thing Lambert had to do was stop that happening. This would mean making us tight and compact at the back, probably at the expense of too much attacking especially away from home...I got exactly what I expected and even predicted 0-0.
What did you expect to see?

I'll have a go at answering that if I may...
Wolves have been conceding goals at an alarming rate and stupid, early goals with awful defending and almost everyone on here acknowledged that the first thing Lambert had to do was stop that happening. This would mean making us tight and compact at the back, probably at the expense of too much attacking especially away from home...I got exactly what I expected and even predicted 0-0.
What did you expect to see?

Thank you very much for your answer.
And any other comments welcome.
I am working on it.

But here goes.

With respect, I did ask you a couple of questions based upon your statements. I have my own thoughts but it would be good to know why you have arrived at the conclusion you have.

Back