• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
The premier league alone isn’t enough of a carrot anymore especially 7 seasons in. Combine that with the fact our best days are in the past and the clubs open admittance to just existing in the PL leads to lethargy.

they announced 30255 as the crowd.
everywhere felt "emptier" tbh. pub was a lot quieter than usual pre-match - no queues at the bar or toilets. the walk up felt flat, and in the ground there seemed fewer queues. those around us said the half time queues were smaller too.

Listened to the first half on 5live, they kept going on about how quiet the crowd were. Linked to losing a lot of our longterm support or just down to our difficult start to the season?

First time I think in the Premier League I’ve heard “empty seats, empty seats” sung loudly by the away following.

Felt like joining in.

Even the drive up was really quiet, we were rushing in and was worried traffic would mean we were late. Probably quickest journey we’ve ever had - less than 30 mins.

It’s my first season in the NB so don’t really have a frame of reference but there are so many empty seats.

Took the free ticket from my parents today.

Didn’t hear or see the attendance announced, but it wasnt very full. Gaps everywhere in the NB and patchy in SB. Corner was only half full too

View attachment 11614

View attachment 11615

The FOMO is definitely not a thing anymore. And now people have actually seen that then it’s a slippery slope… particularly when we’re going nowhere!
Is that large gap at the back of the lower tier of the NB one of Shi's corporate packages going badly?

Not like we’re playing small club either, they’ll sell out the next 2 home games.
There’s very little incentive to separate with hard earned cash for a game you can stay at home for.
There’s numerous reasons you won’t fill out you need people who want to go and can afford to go in a city that’s not economically well off. Your numbers will diminish rapidly, membership is probably pointless now only 4-5 games that’ll sell out quickly the rest tickets will still be available on match day.
If it was me and it was clear that come Thursday there would be empty seats lots of them then I’d take some tickets to local primary schools but that’s just me being noble and I know it’s not fair on those who’ve paid top prices.

The WV1 hospitality was very empty yesterday, not much take up at all. I've never seen those seats empty in the time we've been back in the PL.

Our situation is very different we’re not newly promoted or only been in the league for a few seasons so the PL novelty wears a bit thin.
Conversely everyone knows that the glass ceiling is 11th so it’s not as if there’s much to get excited about either.
Basically you’re asking people to fill a stadium to watch fixtures they’ve seen 6 years on the trot and with little excitement or ambition.
This whilst the most exciting player at the club left in the summer.

And next summer the next most exciting player will leave. And the summer after. Until relegation sees all the good players depart.

And every summer like clockwork, Shi will put the prices up.

More money for an inferior product doesn't exactly pitch you at the right end of the demand curve.

I'd be interested to see what he'd do to prices if we went down. Moxey's prize freeze, but you get 4 extra games pitch isn't going to cut it.

I'd be interested to see what he'd do to prices if we went down. Moxey's prize freeze, but you get 4 extra games pitch isn't going to cut it.
There would be hardly anyone in the stadium if they kept the current prices. Nobody is paying either the ST prices or walk up ticket prices.

The issue is as many have said after a period of time it becomes the norm. I'm in season 1, so too early to say, however hypothetically should we go down and prices be acceptable, would the likes of Kenny and Derby Wolf go back? I'd guess not on a game in, game out basis

Not even odd games at the moment. Had the offer of a ticket for Sunday and at no point was I even the slightest tempted.

I'm a fully paid up member of the Not Another Penny club while Shi remains though. I'll reassess when that tumour is removed.

No idea what Championship prices are like these days, but surely to fuck they can't be much more than £30-35

Back