• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
For the minority that are renewing, be conscious that the “opt in for cup games” box is already ticked (well it was for me) during the renewal process. Cheeky bastards.

Be interesting to see how the poll has changed from being posted to now. I’d love to see the final figures but there’s no way they’ll publish anything bad.

Not criticising the intention, but imo this is pissing in the wind. Any change isn't going to happen by extending the deadline. They aren't interested in dialogue, I'd be surprised if Jeff is even in the country. The only way you are going to get any change is to not buy and then show the waiting list up for what it is. My unscientific reading of the vocal element of social media is that we are going to have a renewal rate of 75-80% that won't change anything. In Shi's mind it'll have justified the policy.

I think they will expect 90% out of loyalty
80% would fit into the "tourists to the non tourist City" ticket availability
70% Jeff is hoping for a good season and Hwang to be a goal machine again and hope Che Adams has some sort of a cult following...
60% Jeff needs some clean Sudu pants

I think it will be 85% renewal, simply because a lot of people kicking off now will get to the deadline date and its just what you do. you start to talk yourself into renewing

I think they will expect 90% out of loyalty
80% would fit into the "tourists to the non tourist City" ticket availability
70% Jeff is hoping for a good season and Hwang to be a goal machine again and hope Che Adams has some sort of a cult following...
60% Jeff needs some clean Sudu pants

I think it will be 85% renewal, simply because a lot of people kicking off now will get to the deadline date and its just what you do. you start to talk yourself into renewing
That's where I plucked my figure from. Other than a couple of idiots all posts start with it's a disgrace, but I've seen a lot more that end with something along the lines of he's got us over a barrel, Wolves is what I do than I'm out as did the Twitter Space I put a link up to the other day

If we get 85% plus renewal rate, then sadly Shi has got the pricing right.

For all the pissing and moaning, people still renew.

Yep! If 95% renew then he's done his job perfectly.

If it’s 95% they’ll think it wasn’t high enough

If we get 85% plus renewal rate, then sadly Shi has got the pricing right.

For all the pissing and moaning, people still renew.
Yes, but in me not renewing the only people I'm hurting are myself and my son. Jeff couldn't give a fuck. I'm cutting my nose off to spite myself really as I want to go and could afford to. I wouldn't blame anyone in a similar position who falls the other side of the fence.

Yes, but in me not renewing the only people I'm hurting are myself and my son. Jeff couldn't give a fuck. I'm cutting my nose off to spite myself really as I want to go and could afford to. I wouldn't blame anyone in a similar position who falls the other side of the fence.
Likewise.

He doesn't care that I'm not going to go, I'm not going on a point of principle more than anything, but it's not for me to criticise people who begrudgingly pay up.

Yep! If 95% renew then he's done his job perfectly.

He hasn't though. He will think he has but if people that have being going week in week out for years are priced out how many that fill that void are only there because we are in the Premier League or following a certain player? Because if we go down they will be nowhere to be seen and how are you going to get the loyal fans back in that scenario? It's all very well having the attitude that someone else will take the seat but it's all short term thinking.

I’m also cutting my nose off to spite myself, and the more I speak to people it sounds like it’s going to be for nothing. Mom and Dad already said they’ll renew “we dont do anything else, and it’s more than just the football” and likewise lads I spoke to at football yesterday “nothing else to do with my Saturday”.

He hasn't though. He will think he has but if people that have being going week in week out for years are priced out how many that fill that void are only there because we are in the Premier League or following a certain player? Because if we go down they will be nowhere to be seen and how are you going to get the loyal fans back in that scenario? It's all very well having the attitude that someone else will take the seat but it's all short term thinking.
From a PR and future standpoint then no it's a massive fuck up. But as FOSUN seem to be operating on a here and now season by season basis, then it'll be perfectly acceptable to them.

They seemingly have no long term plans beyond keeping us in the Premier League for as cheaply as possible, and attempting to make money off the Wolves "brand" with a series of crap side projects.

Unfortunately this is where I am and I really would like to make the stand and not renew, but I will ultimately pay the money and do so for myself and those I go with, not for Jeff. It does mean that I'm conflicted as it doesn't show him or his paymasters my disdain for his/their actions but not going will directly affect my happiness and way of life.

I will of course give him both barrels verbally at the games and have sent several emails to the SLT about it. I know that not all of them are comfortable with the process.

Any new owners aren’t going to be any different

Quite possibly and almost certainly quite probably, but you can also treat the 'legacy' fans with a degree of respect. If Jeff/Fosun had shown any ambition, empathy or desire over the last three years they could have taken the supporters with them relationship wise instead of alienating them.

I actually find all of the bullshit PR, lies and decision making as offensive, if not at times more offensive than the price rises. I know things have to go up and accept that but they shouldn't be going up for a cheaper, inferior product regardless of whether they are telling us it is better or by patronising fans and saying perhaps Wolves isn't for 'us'.

Back