• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation Thread 2023/24

I've read that arsenal want to buy Toney in January. I would have thought Brentford will want an absolute truck load of cash upfront

Arsenal don't have that money, not in terms of FFP

I've read that arsenal want to buy Toney in January. I would have thought Brentford will want an absolute truck load of cash upfront

He must be close to his deal running out? I’m sure he only has a year left.

As Gary said, “we know what Brentford are all about”. They are a supercharged Stoke really. Getting the ball forward, being direct, combative, fast on the break, corners, long throws etc.

I don’t think they’ve been found out as such it’s just they were being carried by Toney and Mbuemo and then being largely solid defensively. They managed without the one, but the loss of both is a killer. Chuck in a few other injuries to big players and they just don’t have depth at all.

don't have that money, not in terms of FFP
I think after the defeat to West Ham Arsenal might consider selling some squad players to get Toney in. There’s a strong argument that they need Toney more than they need Nketia, Smith-Rowe and Nelson and I’d imagine there’d be takers for all of them.

I think after the defeat to West Ham Arsenal might consider selling some squad players to get Toney in. There’s a strong argument that they need Toney more than they need Nketia, Smith-Rowe and Nelson and I’d imagine there’d be takers for all of them.

So long as we're not one of them I don't mind.

Add Ramsdale to that list too.

Forest will definitely be looking for a keeper🤣🤣

Wouldn’t be surprised if we fancied him even though I wouldn’t have the twat anywhere near here.

I’d take Nketiah though.

If you could get the Smith-Rowe that first broke into the Arsenal team then I'd be all over it. Whether that player still technically exists is another thing though.

If you could get the Smith-Rowe that first broke into the Arsenal team then I'd be all over it. Whether that player still technically exists is another thing though.
I'm not sure he really would work in our system. I don't think you could play him in a midfield 2 and I dont know whether he'd be a good as one of the front three.

Think Smith-Rowe would be more of a goal threat than Sarabia but less creative.

Not quite a Dave Edwards vs Michael Jacobs situation but similar.

At a pinch on the right terms he'd be the only one though. Ramsdale is a nightmare waiting to happen with how he plays and being an Albion fan, Nketiah wouldn't fit at all in our team and Nelson is fucking awful.

Burnley more than likely going into February sat on 12 points with City away at the end of the month, you simply don’t survive that.
It’s a case of whether Luton can keep up with Everton, Brentford etc

My view hasn't changed since the first few weeks of the season, the 3 that came up will go down, Luton will give a lot a teams a game, but haven't got the quality. Forest getting Nuno sealed the deal

Problem is Luton are probably going at full pelt with nothing else in reserve but are still in the bottom 3. All the teams above them probably still have room for manoeuvre. All the the sides above have a shithousing ability that Luton don’t have.
It’s whether they can maintain this level until the end of the season.

Everton vs Palace next Monday looks big now.

Back