• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Reading (H) Build-Up 13/8/16

I've been looking for that article their version of Tim I wrote after we gubbed them in the play offs crying about our fans. Anyone have it handy? Always a good read.

This is an important game. It's exactly the sort of game we'd have lost 0-2 last season, managing three shots on goal in the entire game. Good win tomorrow and it really sets the season up with the new signings coming in. Paddy Power going 20/1 Tex for first goalscorer...

I caved earlier in the week and bought a ticket for this and Ipswich on Tuesday, will be weird not watching a match from my old seat in the South Bank (not that I ever sat in it). Had I not got the free membership I'd have probably not bothered especially when I got to checkout and found I had to pay £1.50 admin charge for each ticket, just for having the temerity to buy my tickets online.

I forgot about Ipswich on Tuesday. Might have to try and make that one.

Anyone else going?

If you book Reading can get the Ipswich game half price, but I'm busy on the Monday & can't justify a double lot of travel costs that quick.

As to Saturday (apart from being really enthused about this) would hope that we try & take the game to them.

Not sure that Costa is ready for a full 90, but he sounded very positive on Tuesday so start with him & sub later on if he's starting to struggle.

If you book Reading can get the Ipswich game half price, but I'm busy on the Monday & can't justify a double lot of travel costs that quick.

As to Saturday (apart from being really enthused about this) would hope that we try & take the game to them.

Not sure that Costa is ready for a full 90, but he sounded very positive on Tuesday so start with him & sub later on if he's starting to struggle.

Where did you get that PLF? I've bought tickets for both and didn't get that deal. I am a member and got the reduced ticket price but not half price.

Where did you get that PLF? I've bought tickets for both and didn't get that deal. I am a member and got the reduced ticket price but not half price.

Can't remember now - might have been on email as a My Wolves member, but knew I wasn't going to be able to do it so didn't bother keeping anything.

Might well be that my memory is playing tricks & the offer wasn't as good as that

Members get in for £21 behind the goals on Tuesday. Don't think there's a half price offer.

Mildly irritating they're giving away free memberships less than a month after all existing members auto-renewed providing you buy two tickets that I was always going to buy regardless. I'm not going to go chasing them for £15 though.

Members get in for £21 behind the goals on Tuesday. Don't think there's a half price offer.

Mildly irritating they're giving away free memberships less than a month after all existing members auto-renewed providing you buy two tickets that I was always going to buy regardless. I'm not going to go chasing them for £15 though.

Yeah, that cheesed me off as well. Only £15 but not the point if they're giving them away for free now.

Only thing I can think of it that mine is a concession price as an old person - so half price on mine isn't as much as halving a full price ticket

Members get in for £21 behind the goals on Tuesday.

You don't get loyalty points for midweek games though, they keep that quiet. Seeing as one of the main perks of a membership is priority on away tickets I think that's appalling personally. I doubt they lose much money on this 'deal' at all.

You don't get ticket cash back for them either. So I got £2.50 for Reading (making my ticket effectively £22.50 in the long run) but nowt for Ipswich.

Didn't realise that they didn't give ticket cash or loyalty points (as said knew I wasn't going to be doing it so didn't pay much attention)

They are the only reason I bother with the membership scheme (and can usually get enough ticket cash to cover the membership cost as a minimum) but thats just penny pinching.

Back