• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rangers

I wonder if Rangers fold and are reborn if they will apply to rejoin the Scottish Leagues and start at the bottom or apply to join the English Leagues at the bottom level

If they have to start at the bottom, surely they will join the English leagues.

Leave Whyte with Ibrox, do a deal with the SFA and play home games at Hampden.

So they are having to terminate contracts and release players because they won't take a wage cut (foolish boys).
I believe we have only named 24 men in our squad, so is there anyone they have who would improve our squad if they were released?

So they are having to terminate contracts and release players because they won't take a wage cut (foolish boys).

The players are happy to have cuts but its the level they can't agree on I think. 2 players took voluntary redundancy with no pay off.

If they have to start at the bottom, surely they will join the English leagues.

If the F.A. allow them to. They will have to be affiliated to the F.A., in order to be allowed to join any league, and as Rangers are not an English team it might not be so easy for them to do that.

And yes, Welsh clubs are treated differently, but they always have been.

Berwick play in Scotland too. Weird place though that is.

Gretna Green were allowed into the English league s because of their location. Though , they are in Scotland, just. I am not saying it would be impossible for Rangers to be affiliated to the English F.A., but it will not be straight forward.

Whyte ruled "not fit and proper" by the SFA. That's him out of the equation then, unless he somehow manages to have some kind of a claim on funds sitting in the club's accounts, which I can't see happening given how he financed the purchase.

At least the SFA have the cojones to actually back up their test. Wonder if the authorities South of the border might start doing that for a few owners?

I've said before, you can't ban people because they "look a bit dodgy". What the SFA now know that they didn't before is that Whyte was barred from being a company director for seven years. So there's legal precedent to show that he's a shyster and they can chuck him out. You couldn't apply that to say, Antonov at Pompey before his assets got frozen and he was arrested. He didn't have a criminal record.

True - Gaydamak was the one that sprang to mind. There was a lot of speculation that he was a front for his father, who would spectacularly fail even the FA test.

Well, yeah. Given that he had no evidence at all of independent wealth they should have asked for a bit more in the way of proof where the money was really coming from, seeing how the obvious conclusion was "it's coming from your arms-dealing father who's wanted in about five different countries".

I suppose indirectly the FAPP test worked later at Pompey as they asked Al-Fahim to name his backers. One of them being Thaksin, who would of course fail, and suddenly the plug was pulled on that idea.

Back