• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

QPR 1, Wolves 2; The thank goodness for that Verdict Thread

Don't think we were great at all, but I'll happily take the win.

We'll miss Ikeme purely because Longeran will cost us goals, constantly.
Thought Iorfa and Doherty got forward well, we look better when they are dangerous.
Saiss is really excellent, lost his cool in the last 10 minutes though. Some of his passing was majestic.
Dicko struggled a bit, but I'll give him the benefit and say he's still getting up to speed. Needs a goal soon.
Cav could have no complaints about being subbed off, he wasn't great. However, I'd still pick him next time if Lambert thinks the only alternative is George Saville. That defensive sub really invited pressure and no outlet. Terrible. Wallace or Bod were much better options. Stop picking Saville wide left! Or at all really!
Thought Bod was lively when he came one, bit longer break and he'll be back to where he was at the start of the season. If he'd scored after that beautiful turn I'd have been so happy for him.

MOTM Costa for me - dangerous all game, brilliant goal. Probably should have wrapped it up earlier but Smithies was playing a blinder it seemed.

Not sure I'd want to change much for next time, but as Saiss is suspended (I think) then Price to come in.
Would like an update on the injuries to Evans and Prince in particular as they would be in and around the first XI for me.

Saiss isn't banned, the cut off for five yellows was last weekend.

Stearman can't play next week under the terms of his loan.

In which case just Hause in for Stears.

Unless someone can locate Silvio and ask him if he'd like to play instead of Doherty.

I thought Cav was shit. Did absolutely nothing worthwhile.
Well crafted goal from Doherty, iorfa and Edwards. Laughable comments from some of you trying to keep bulling up Saiss. Mediocrity personified. Costa is the only import we've made that is of any value, tremendous on one foot if you give him the ball. Great goal, about time we had some end product.
Edwards m.o.m. for me.

Well crafted goal from Doherty, iorfa and Edwards. Laughable comments from some of you trying to keep bulling up Saiss. Mediocrity personified. Costa is the only import we've made that is of any value, tremendous on one foot if you give him the ball. Great goal, about time we had some end product.
Edwards m.o.m. for me.

Cav wasn't shit at all, things didn't come off but he's not played very often and the good crosses he did put in like the one that Dicko should have got on the end of in the second half our players just didn't attack them. Saiss is class on the ball and if you can't see that then i'm not going to even bother with that and no way was Edwards man of the match. Excellent run and finish for his goal but he was awful in the first half and he still wasn't good enough on the ball in the second but when he scores like he did i can forgive that a little.

I thought Cav was $#@!. Did absolutely nothing worthwhile.
Edwards m.o.m. for me.
Yes, Romain's pass to Costa was definitely mediocre.

Are you just wumming or...?

Edwards m.o.m. for me.

Wow.

IMO Cav seemed to be trying to hard to impress. He needs to improve on his decision making but there were flashes of ability and some moments of real quality. Certainly better than Saville was when he came on.

Saiss was ok, again he had some moments of real quality (the pass to Costa was outstanding) but he equally had a quiet opening 10 mins and panicked in the final 10.

I enjoyed Dicko's performance, he looked lively and showed some great touches. Unfortunately he didn't make the right run a couple of times, notably he made the wrong run when Cav's low cross flashed across the box. A much better option than Bodvarrson at the moment.

Costa grew into the game, played really well in the second half. What a goal! Motm for me.

Oh yeah and the one cross that Cav played in was poor, didn't look up, can't blame Dicko for that. Thought dicko did OK and will get better with a decent run in the team.

With all confidence shot to bits ,because of the winless 2 months 1 week, it was a great result and will turn that on its head. Do something quality in a game, such as Saiss' pass to Costa and then the mazy run and goal, will ignite them and bring out their obvious qualities.

The next 6 fixtures will hopefully bring 2 points a game and shoot us up into safety and give us a glimmer of hope of surpassing this. Onward and upward

Definitely some positives from that. More balance across the front, Iorfa looking much better and getting forward well, defence looked more solid until the end. Also 9 shots on target and should have won more comfortably. We were never going to turn into world beaters overnight so I have to be relatively pleased with last night and hope it's a stepping stone to better football and more wins.

The one thing that did strike me was even with the telly on mute I could still hear Holloway screeching like a schoolgirl !

"The ref said he spoke to him in an 'aggressive manner', which is that stupid newfangled rule."

More bollocks from Holloway - no wonder players keep behaving like Perch did when managers condone it - he may have got a few things wrong last night, but the ref got this absolutely right, and again when Batth acted similarly.

He's an idiot, so you know what the rule is Ian, how about telling your players to abide by it. Dissent is dissent, foul and abusive language is a different offence.

Back