• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2024/25

That 3rd goal is lovely stuff, seems a good runout for all involved. Hope Cunha isn't too bad. Chirewa looked like he was well involved and lively, personally think he's the most likely to do well of the youngsters.

He's always been capable of moments like that. Look at the goal he scored for us against Brighton, absolute quality.
I saw Rohan Ricketts score and play well once.

Guedes' career is an absolute con job, don't get taken in by the wankshaft.

Guedes2.png

I agree, I just know Dan will have our heads. 😁

FWIW I don't want him to stay for a second longer than he has to. While he hasn't been a complete turd in the Fábio Silva mould, he's been completely disrespectful and is genuinely one of the worst signings we've ever made.

He is quite good though.

That 3rd goal is lovely stuff, seems a good runout for all involved. Hope Cunha isn't too bad. Chirewa looked like he was well involved and lively, personally think he's the most likely to do well of the youngsters.

I can't remember which game it was but towards the end of last season there was a moment where Chirewa had to sprint after a loose ball and he looked slow. I haven't seen enough of him to know if that's the norm or just a one off but if he does lack pace that's the one thing that could hold him back.

He looks like the most well rounded and well adjusted of our young players though. He's quite obviously very skillful, has good instincts and seems very professional as well.

Hopefully our squad is sorted so that we can get him a Championship loan, I think he could really benefit from a season at a decent club.

Fun game with the usual Florida weather conditions coming into play to delay things. A very encouraging performance and with players to come back in, you'd hope it would get even better. The changes injected some pace and we always looked dangerous on the break. It was encapsulated by a scintillating third goal.

Now, a word about Guedes. I'm just going to say it... he looks like he wants to take his second chance with us. The delight on his face at the end of the game was obvious and I think he knows he has a fresh start under GON. His body language with his head dropping when he doesn't get the ball he wants is still disappointing but overall, I thought he had a pretty decent game. He still doesn't like the physical stuff and was moaning at the ref when he had his shirt pulled but that's part and parcel of his position.

Larsen... great to see a focal point in our attack and he will get better in time. It was something West Ham were lacking and in the bar after, that point was well made by their fans. Very similar to us last season when all the injuries took over.

As for the others, Cunha was excellent until he went off, Lemina was back to bossing the midfield and we looked like we had a real game plan to take pace to West Ham particularly when Lima and Gomes came on. Have to admit to feeling quite excited about a partnership that could be taking place between them but this is Wolves so we won't be too expectant.

All in all, a good run out and much to be encouraged about. Beat Palace on Wednesday and we are Stateside Champions... for what little it matters. Just wish we didn't have to trek all the way to Annapolis for it. Oh, and a word for the schedule for the team. Utterly crazy. Based in Ft Lauderdale as they got a deal with Inter so that meant the players and staff taking a plane straight after the game back to Lauderdale only for them then to trek back up country on Tuesday. Don't know who set this or why but I can't image any of the players were in their beds much before 3am.

Last edited:
I can't remember which game it was but towards the end of last season there was a moment where Chirewa had to sprint after a loose ball and he looked slow. I haven't seen enough of him to know if that's the norm or just a one off but if he does lack pace that's the one thing that could hold him back
Albion in the cup

I think he will go but will take the positive that he has dropped the stroppy attitude.
Says a lot about the atmosphere GON has built at the club.
According to LL and Judah he hasn't, not a problem trouble wise, gets on well with the players, but dialing it in at training

View attachment 11208

He's definitely had opportunities beyond his ability because of who represents him but he does still have some talent.

Definitely not a goal scorer though.

According to LL and Judah he hasn't, not a problem trouble wise, gets on well with the players, but dialing it in at training
I don't know about dialling it in, this is one where I disagree with @Lycan (it does happen occasionally), he simply isn't very good. He isn't particularly skilful or creative, doesn't score many, he's pretty weak and terrible in the air, doesn't track back, he's not a very good player. When he was getting picked for Portugal ahead of Jota around 2018/19 I found it absolutely incomprehensible as every time he played he looked like a competition winner.

You're not going to get superb training displays from him and the attitude issue has always been secondary for me (no doubt he has been a fucking arsehole along the way), his ability level is the problem. Like even if you gave Greg Halford a rocket up his stupid quadbike arse and he tried harder than he ever had in his life, he was still a fucking dreadful footballer.

I don't know about dialling it in, this is one where I disagree with @Lycan (it does happen occasionally), he simply isn't very good. He isn't particularly skilful or creative, doesn't score many, he's pretty weak and terrible in the air, doesn't track back, he's not a very good player. When he was getting picked for Portugal ahead of Jota around 2018/19 I found it absolutely incomprehensible as every time he played he looked like a competition winner.

You're not going to get superb training displays from him and the attitude issue has always been secondary for me (no doubt he has been a fucking arsehole along the way), his ability level is the problem. Like even if you gave Greg Halford a rocket up his stupid quadbike arse and he tried harder than he ever had in his life, he was still a fucking dreadful footballer.
Walking, shaking is head and being stroppy, GON going over to him and trying to pick him up. Not arguing what he is, but equally if you believe their word he's going through the motions

See I don't disagree with a lot of that but I still think he's talented. He's very unorthodox though, I think to get anything out of him it has to be a specific role in a specific system. He's very quick, very direct, can really worry defenders when he's running with the ball and although you say he isn't strong he can still take a 'shock' if you know what I mean.

He's a similar player to Hwang really but without the calmness in front of goal and the way Hee-Chan can turn defenders inside out. Better than Hwang on the counter though, can drive at a defender 1 v 1 and seems to be able to cause a bit more disruption to the opposition shape when he gets on the ball.

Like I said earlier though, I wouldn't keep him. I'd sooner welcome back Podence who is 10x the footballer and while also being a moody little shit hasn't been anywhere near as disrespectful to the club.

He's definitely one of the worst transfers we've ever made but I don't think he's shit.

Fuck 'im then...

Although LL was getting over excited by Doyle passing a ball around so his view on training isn't great

Was going to say, didn't really need to write anything after 'According to LL and Judah'.

Walking, shaking is head and being stroppy, GON going over to him and trying to pick him up. Not arguing what he is, but equally if you believe their word he's going through the motions
He wasn't going through the motions last night IMO. Looked intent on proving a point and wanting to do well. Based on past history and performance I tend to doubt he will ever make a Prem. player but I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt given what I saw last night. He's definitely one we would trade if the right deal came in but he's not a complete dud as that sublime touch showed to help set up the second goal. He got a bit lucky it broke to Gomes but it was a nice touch. We can at least give him some credit. Perhaps that will turn out to be the highlight of his Wolves career but I was pretty close to him and the staff last night and I saw nothing but joy from him and the staff.

I wouldn't believe that pair of clowns over anything they're not told. They eulogise over the bang average Doyle when he's looked anything but that and pour scorn on those they don't like.

Oh and they could write what they know about football on their fingernail clippings and still have space left.

Wankers.

He wasn't going through the motions last night IMO. Looked intent on proving a point and wanting to do well. Based on past history and performance I tend to doubt he will ever make a Prem. player but I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt given what I saw last night. He's definitely one we would trade if the right deal came in but he's not a complete dud as that sublime touch showed to help set up the second goal. He got a bit lucky it broke to Gomes but it was a nice touch. We can at least give him some credit. Perhaps that will turn out to be the highlight of his Wolves career but I was pretty close to him and the staff last night and I saw nothing but joy from him and the staff.
My comments were based on the e&s podcast which was based on his training rather than the game. It is what it is, he still owes us £17m or thereabouts so the club needs to do what they can to protect that

View attachment 11208
Whilst I have no where near the hatred for him as you, it’s amazing have some players seem the eke out a pretty high level career when being distinctly average, if that.

I would say just be good around the place, but apparently his attitude is a major issue as well?

images

Back