• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2024/25

"Who are you calling 'Tattoo' you big lanky streak of piss?!"

5df141b2-2201-46a7-80db-6db2ac0a81bd.jpg

Hey boss.

One for the younger ones....

As the game is either in Baltimore or Toronto I expect Doc's pitch to land in Fort Lauderdale.

Cunha won't play against Palace or Leipzig but we're hopeful he'll be available for the start of the season.
Definitely not worth risking him, and just save his football for the season.

Here and ready... a little rain about but hopefully nothing that will delay kick off...

Wolves v Palace 2.jpg

Charlotte v Cruz Azul kicks off at the same time which is shitty

Well we've started well and should have been 1-0 up with a great ball from Guedes across to R Gomes who hit the keeper with a shot. Palace should have gone 1-0 up soon after hitting the post after a ball straight through defence was picked up unchallenged. If VAR had been in operation Lima would have scored as he followed up the shot after being flagged offside, he was played on from the player on the left side of Palace's defence.

Early to say of course but we look much sharper with passes and movement. Pretty entertaining football first 20 minutes.

Cyber voice: Feels like Schlupp scores against us a lot.

Dan Bentley with an absolute howler and Palace go 1-0 up. 20 seconds earlier Lima ruled offside but again for me with VAR it's Lima 's first goal again, but fucking hell Bentley. Long ball over the top Bentley clears but straight to Schlupp, terrible.

Doyle and Kiawa not commanding the midfield and it's allowing grey haired 39 year old Will Hughes to run the show.

Third goal ruled out again Lima straying just off from the great R Gomes cross. Half Time 1-0 Palace. I' think we've attacked ok and moved it around well, but you can see the centre halves are struggling when Palace midfield advance. Doyle and Kiawa not doing enough as a pair. Lima and R Gomes playing really well again though.

Long ball over the top completely rips us apart, Lima and S Bueno guilty of switching off and Jordan Ayew scores under King. 2-0 Palace.

PS - I forgot Cundle was on the pitch, he wasn't mentioned at all first half.

Back