• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

I think Bellegarde falls in to the category where we signed him because he was available for a reasonable fee (about £12m iirc), and we're confident that eventually we'll make money on him. Got bugger all to do whether he fits our squad, starting 11 etc.

In fairness, I don't think even Jean-Ricner himself even knows what he's supposed to be so God knows how Gaz will ever work it out. Just stop playing him.
They signed him as he was, on paper, a potentially similar fit to Nunes in that weird wide right role we were playing where the only instruction seemed to be to carry the ball as much as possible.

I think Bellegarde falls in to the category where we signed him because he was available for a reasonable fee (about £12m iirc), and we're confident that eventually we'll make money on him. Got bugger all to do whether he fits our squad, starting 11 etc.

In fairness, I don't think even Jean-Ricner himself even knows what he's supposed to be so God knows how Gaz will ever work it out. Just stop playing him.
I'd actually like to see him play in the centre of midfield in a 3 as he's a good ball carrier and clearly likes a strike from distance.

We'd have to change to 4-3-3 for that to happen and drop either João or Mario.

GoN just won't do that as he's wedded to his stupid system.

What JRB isn't is a winger and I've no idea why GoLage keeps persisting with him there.

Comparisons on social media are being drawn with Bournemouth's start last year. There's a lot of straw clutching going on...

I'd actually like to see him play in the centre of midfield in a 3 as he's a good ball carrier and clearly likes a strike from distance.

We'd have to change to 4-3-3 for that to happen and drop either João or Mario.

GoN just won't do that as he's wedded to his stupid system.

What JRB isn't is a winger and I've no idea why GoLage keeps persisting with him there.
That would make sense to try in a midfield 3, against lesser teams start Bellegarde and bring Gomes on at 60 or vice versa if we're chasing a game or playing the big boys

He did well against Liverpool there on his debut. Rarely if ever seen there since

He did well against Liverpool there on his debut. Rarely if ever seen there since
Luton away too when he got sent off (but was probably our best performer until that moment of silliness, low bar that it was)

By the time he came back from suspension and a slight injury, we'd gone back to 3-4-3

Surprised his win % was only 31.11 at Brighton

Looks like he went to the same resort in Turkey as Gaz this summer

Surprised his win % was only 31.11 at Brighton

Looks like he went to the same resort in Turkey as Gaz this summer
He started slowly....it took him a while to get his message across . Brighton were hovering close to relegation for a while under him in his first season there .

Comparisons on social media are being drawn with Bournemouth's start last year. There's a lot of straw clutching going on...
Brighton, Brentford, West Ham & Spurs were 4 of their first 6, followed by Arsenal, Everton and ourselves. 0 wins, 3 draws in 9 matches. That's a kinder start than ours, and at least one reason why nobody ought to be panicking as they finished comfortably mid table.

They also won 7 out of 9 between Halloween and New Year and there's zero chance we're putting that kind of a run together. Therefore, panic away chaps...

Th

A massive amount of straws.

That's a manager with a record of over 200 games at the time and highly thought of, coming in and changing the style and embedding new players though. Versus O'Neil who that same club actively didn't want doing that, who is now on his 2nd year and arguably showing regression in terms of a coherent plan and style.

Th

A massive amount of straws.

That's a manager with a record of over 200 games at the time and highly thought of, coming in and changing the style and embedding new players though. Versus O'Neil who that same club actively didn't want doing that, who is now on his 2nd year and arguably showing regression in terms of a coherent plan and style.
Third year.

Rumours pre match on Saturday that the players aren’t happy about the way they’re being set up to play, probably the usual Coach under pressure surmising bollocks though.

Rumours pre match on Saturday that the players aren’t happy about the way they’re being set up to play, probably the usual Coach under pressure surmising bollocks though.
Hobbs sock puppet has been very quiet on this.

Plenty of noise around this too. I wonder if some of the players are leaking this stuff out.

I just can't work out where we should have picked up points this season. What games were we actually expected to win or infact, get a point? ? A truly awful set of opening fixtures. If Gary is given to the end of the year I feel we'll be fine. But we're giving lots of teams a head start so the easier games will be loaded with extra pressure. Our fixtures in November and December look much kinder than our opening set of games. By all means, if we're up "shit creek" come the New Year then the axe will rightly fall but let's keep the faith for the time being.

This is soooo bad. How do people excuse this

(And how did I manage to post this in the wrong thread!!)

Back