• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

You can't use full game stats to show how a game we were 4 down after an hour went
Break down the stats into 1st and 2nd half and they still don't look too bad.

But anyway the argument was against the idea it was "one of the worst Wolves performances ever" and it patently wasn't, the stats also show that, even if as I said they don't paint a full picture on their own.

Break down the stats into 1st and 2nd half and they still don't look too bad.

But anyway the argument was against the idea it was "one of the worst Wolves performances ever" and it patently wasn't, the stats also show that, even if as I said they don't paint a full picture on their own.
I thought it was. No matter how many times you say it wasn't.

Opinions eh.

Thought we were fantastic Liverpool first half. Thought we were well in the game against Brighton.

To say “they were the worst games ever” is total nonsense and just detracts from any reasonable point you may make @Johnny75
I have said fair enough on Liverpool. I stand by the Brighton game being one of the worst I've ever seen.

I have said fair enough on Liverpool. I stand by the Brighton game being one of the worst I've ever seen.
Not saying you are wrong...but have you recently received a heavy blow to the head?

I've rarely seen us capitulate so readily as we did vs Brighton after HT, emptied midfield for no reason and kept conceding obvious, identical chances. Genuine fall off a cliff stuff.

Probably should have been at least level at HT.

Once it was 0-4 then everything else was irrelevant.

Doesn't compare IMO to say, 0-5 vs Fulham under Connor where we looked like a bad League Two team parachuted into a Champions League quarter final but it's an argument that goes nowhere.

We’re back to being an away day turd fest, W2 D1 L6 and that’s games at Everton, Palace, Bournemouth, Luton, Sheff Utd, Fulham, Man Utd only Arsenal you would put in Severley difficult category. Today was a potential for points to.
Out of the remaining away games probably only Burnley, Forest & Brentford where you’d think we can get something.

I’m not having BHA in the so called worst performances but I’m not having it dressed up as not such a bad effort it was a second half collapse with awful defending.

You can do that on Fotmob.

1st half:

View attachment 9062

View attachment 9063
Go check out Everton v Man City 2017 and tell me stats tell you everything about the game.

People need to stop misusing stuff they don't understand.

Who has said that?
Aren't you the one who said 'Break down the stats into 1st and 2nd half and they still don't look too bad' on this very page?

Anyway going back to the original point. GoN isn't as good as Lop and isn't doing 'pretty good'.

He's not very good but then that's what you get when you employ somebody who can't get a Championship job let alone a PL job 2 days before the season starts. It would be churlish to expect anything else.

Aren't you the one who said 'Break down the stats into 1st and 2nd half and they still don't look too bad' on this very page?
Which isn't the same as "stats tell you everything about a game" which you are suggesting was stated.

Anyway I'm done, you've doubled down on something daft and now you're making it worse by being patronising and arrogant.

It’s super weird to me that “the players were on the beach” has been used to defend Lop in our Brighton and Arsenal losses last season.

Surely the manager’s job is stopping that mindset taking hold?

From the GON being under pressure perspective, he’ll be fine as long as he maintains the comfortable gap to the bottom 3. Personally once your record drops below a PPG then questions should be rightfully be asked.

He'll be under zero pressure at the moment, not even close to it.

We're comfortably away from relegation, we're making money, and they're getting some nice pr from having a manager the media like. They don't give a shit about style of play and their footballing ambition is gone.

Back