• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

Plenty of alarm bells in the 6-0 @ Brighton.

Honestly, I think you're making a bad faith argument. ✌️
Wins and clean sheets either side had me decidedly relaxed, certainly not alarmed.

Lop got it all wrong v Brighton. Team selection, shape, tactics all wrong. Brighton were flying, Wolves were booking flights... to the beach.

Tbh, I’m enjoying going to watch football again for the first time in what? 3.5 years?

Blowing smoke of JL arse or belittling GON is just weird, moreso after that game today.

Would I I turn the clocks back? Would I fuck
I'm not blowing smoke and in no way belittling GON lol.

Just pointing out he wasn't hired as a fireman to extinguish the dumpster.

Why are we giving a fuck about JL anyway?

Guys getting paid over £10k a day to dick around on the spin bikes at Nuffield. Fuck him.

Writing that before I saw your latest post @The Dude. As for that, you have no idea how things were. You can speculate, but that’s all it is. And he deserves the benefit of the doubt anyway

Dude was suggesting GO has benefited from the addition of Bueno, Bellegarde and Doyle. The players that left played a lot more under Lop than these three have under GO.
GO has benefited from Bellegarde, Sasa and Doyle.

My list shows how unfit for purpose the others were (with the exception of Neves). Just because they played more doesn't mean they were any good.

Of that there is no doubt.

Saying the pundits had us down to be related because those players were sold is pigshit thick.

Dude is right in that GON didn't walk into a team which was a complete disaster. The team is a good one as he is now showing and Lop did show. It's disingenuous to say otherwise.

Tbh, I’m enjoying going to watch football again for the first time in what? 3.5 years?

Blowing smoke of JL arse or belittling GON is just weird, moreso after that game today.

Would I I turn the clocks back? Would I fuck
Nobody is belittling GoN and your weird fascination of hating Lop is just that.

Having spoken to others who work at the club, Punts and Del aren’t the only ones who think Lop is a bit of a dick. Things weren’t good over the summer at all and Gary is highly spoken of in terms of changing the attitude, belief and outlook in the dressing room. He’s very well liked, Lop burnt quite a lot of bridges - some of which didn’t exist in the first place.

No doubt Lop did a fantastic job last year that not a lot of managers would have pulled off and gave us a base, but he didn’t want to stay and fight so sod him.

Not much gets past you does it?

I can think of plenty of games we never lost where alarm bells were going off. Alarm bells were silent v Man U.

Swansea at home under Mick would be a good example.

We didn't lose v Swansea which was even more damning...

I wasn't that surprised that Lop spat his dummy out, he has previous for it and he had been lead up the garden path as far as transfer promises.
Thought he might stay and try and prove his pedigree.
Was unconvinced by his appointment and his early efforts, tbf although the squad he inherited was decent, there's no doubt it was a difficult situation to come into but there's definite improvement all through.

I wasn't that surprised that Lop spat his dummy out, he has previous for it and he had been lead up the garden path as far as transfer promises.
Thought he might stay and try and prove his pedigree.
Was unconvinced by his appointment and his early efforts, tbf although the squad he inherited was decent, there's no doubt it was a difficult situation to come into but there's definite improvement all through.
To be fair he did stay after episode 1 of changing of the plans. Episode 2 was too much for him though.

Lopetegui is high maintenance, you know that when you appoint him, it'd be like signing Arjen Robben and complaining he's a bit one footed.

Personally though I can't be doing with someone with that kind of ego when there isn't enough a payoff in terms of results or football.

Lopetegui is high maintenance, you know that when you appoint him, it'd be like signing Arjen Robben and complaining he's a bit one footed.

Personally though I can't be doing with someone with that kind of ego when there isn't enough a payoff in terms of results or football.

Whether he’s been led down a garden path or not. He’s orchestrated a departure to get a pay off. He could have just walked…Or just knuckle down…

Instead he’s costing us the same as a very good signing would (no idea if manager sackings count to FFP?)

Ideas way above his station.

Back