• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

Sorry mom 😏
It's a narrative that even Gary would have you believe, if you weren't paying attention - like the national press weren't, so are happy to peddle that BS.

I'm fast warming to our Gary but his line that he walked in to a "mess" is a load of bollocks.

No he didn't. GON inherited a squad that had turned a corner. A team that in the end had stayed up comfortably and could afford a drubbing or two.

Lopetegui didn't just vanish one day. He gave the club weeks to find a new manager while overseeing a successful preseason.

Don't rewrite history. As far as circumstances go taking over a new club, GON couldn't have had it much better...

Since his arrival we signed Bueno, Bellegarde and Doyle. There was no shit show.

We don’t actually know what things were like behind the scenes. To quote, Doherty said “things aren’t great” after Celtic.

It's a narrative that even Gary would have you believe, if you weren't paying attention - like the national press weren't, so are happy to peddle that BS.

I'm fast warming to our Gary but his line that he walked in to a "mess" is a load of bollocks.
Glad you're happy in yourself.

Since his arrival we signed Bueno, Bellegarde and Doyle. There was no shit show.
And before it we lost Neves, Moutinho, Collins, Raul and Traore, and shortly after we lost Podence and many pundits thought we’d be relegated.

And before it we lost Neves, Moutinho, Collins, Raul and Traore, and shortly after we lost Podence and many pundits thought we’d be relegated.
Yup, one nailed on starter, a midfielder whose legs had gone, a calamitous centre half, a striker who couldn't score and a winger with no end product.

Neves and Podence aside, they were no big loss. Nunes had a decent last ten games of the season, most of us were amazed when we flipped.him for a sizeable profit.

Do you really think Lop would have bailed on a Premier League job if he thought things were hunky dorey?

Ignoring all the smoke over the summer feels like revisionism to me.

That said, I wasn't at all pleased when GO started bringing it up in pressers.

We don’t actually know what things were like behind the scenes. To quote, Doherty said “things aren’t great” after Celtic.
How could they be, knowing the manager had that day, handed in his resignation?

Do you really think Lop would have bailed on a Premier League job if he thought things were hunky dorey?

Ignoring all the smoke over the summer feels like revisionism to me.

That said, I wasn't at all pleased when GO started bringing it up in pressers.
Lop bailed because promises were reneged on.

Lop bailed because promises were reneged on.
Well thank fuck he martyred himself so we could learn from our mistakes eh

How is "the owners reneged on promises (twice!)" not a mess??

Pundits are fucking morons.

Moutinho was coming to the end, Collins was shit, Raul was done, Traore is fucking wank and Podence is a prick.

Anybody who thought we were dependant on any of those players is as thick as pigshit and not worth the steam off your piss.

Moutinho was coming to the end, Collins was shit, Raul was done, Traore is fucking wank and Podence is a prick.

Anybody who thought we were dependant on any of those players is as thick as pigshit and not worth the steam off your piss.
But at that point we had replaced them with:

Matt Doherty
Tom King

until Nunes went we had a budget of £0.

Outside view is that leads only one way. No shock pundits were backing us to be a disaster zone.

So they “weren’t great” then. Thanks for clarifying.
As far as situations go for a incoming manager they were pretty fucking peachy!

Not in a relegation dog fight...

Previous manager not sacked for poor performance...

The rot had been stopped. Compare that to QPR's new coach and the mess he walked in to - which is the norm for a new manager.

"Weren't great" is pretty fucking good.

As far as situations go for a incoming manager they were pretty fucking peachy!

Not in a relegation dog fight...

Previous manager not sacked for poor performance...

The rot had been stopped. Compare that to QPR's new coach and the mess he walked in to - which is the norm for a new manager.

"Weren't great" is pretty fucking good.

Tbh, I’m enjoying going to watch football again for the first time in what? 3.5 years?

Blowing smoke of JL arse or belittling GON is just weird, moreso after that game today.

Would I I turn the clocks back? Would I fuck

Well thank fuck he martyred himself so we could learn from our mistakes eh

How is "the owners reneged on promises (twice!)" not a mess??
The "mess" was there for all to see at Old Trafford.

Dude was suggesting GO has benefited from the addition of Bueno, Bellegarde and Doyle. The players that left played a lot more under Lop than these three have under GO.

A match we lost.
Not much gets past you does it?

I can think of plenty of games we never lost where alarm bells were going off. Alarm bells were silent v Man U.

Swansea at home under Mick would be a good example.

Not much gets past you does it?

I can think of plenty of games we never lost where alarm bells were going off. Alarm bells were silent v Man U.

Swansea at home under Mick would be a good example.
Plenty of alarm bells in the 6-0 @ Brighton.

Honestly, I think you're making a bad faith argument. ✌️

Back