• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottm Forest 31/8: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't really afford to lose this one I think . It's a long while since O'Neil has won a league match against a decent side .

Our last away win was February against Spurs - 17th February .

A clean sheet is probably too much to expect , but we need to come away from this match knowing that we have tightened up at the back with a threat going forward .
I'd take a draw at this stage , bite your hand off for one actually , and use the International break to get the new players bedded in .

On Johnstone: "I'm really pleased, it's a good signing and gives us good competition. He adds real quality and experience. He will be in the squad tomorrow."

On Andre: "He's an excellent talent that will add to the group."

On the window overall: "We had a plan for how the team would play but as the window progressed we missed players that would have helped us. I now have to be more adaptable with the style."

On incomings today: "We're working hard, we're not done yet and will see what will come available to us. There will potentially be some outs as well."

On Podence future: "Daniel is getting close to leaving. He's had an excellent offer for him and his family. Discussions have been ongoing and it looks like something will be completed."

On Traore's injury: "We're disappointed because he's a great guy who will be missed."

Feel let down by the window? "No, lots of things can happen. It's just where we are at this moment."

On PSR: "We're fine on PSR, no issues. The club is fine financially. We're doing the best we can with what we're allowed to do."

This part explains a little more his odd quote the other evening:

On the window overall: "We had a plan for how the team would play but as the window progressed we missed players that would have helped us. I now have to be more adaptable with the style."

As someone suggested at the time, sounds like a slight dig at the club.

Missed the majority of the presser (bloody work), but found his comment right at the end interesting.

“Do you feel the squad is better or worse now than at the start of the window?”

“We have more depth, but have lost two outstanding players in Kilman & Neto who we know we could rely on in the PL”.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the quality in the squad…

Reactions: b3h
Missed the majority of the presser (bloody work), but found his comment right at the end interesting.

“Do you feel the squad is better or worse now than at the start of the window?”

“We have more depth, but have lost two outstanding players in Kilman & Neto who we know we could rely on in the PL”.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the quality in the squad…
It's honest though, I don't get why his pressers get criticised. He seems honest and fair at every point, obviously we can look back at his comments with hindsight and think "eh?" But in the moment I think he speaks honestly.

It's honest though, I don't get why his pressers get criticised. He seems honest and fair at every point, obviously we can look back at his comments with hindsight and think "eh?" But in the moment I think he speaks honestly.
Yep, naive, but honest. He's probably said as much today as he could without going nuclear. It's clear without having to read much between the lines what he's saying. Only those who deliberately choose not, only a couple on here mind, won't see that.

GWT2JwvWEAwwebO

Is it 3-5-2, 3-4-3, 4-3-3, or 4-2-3-1? Who knows?! Maybe not even the players.

Wondering if Sa has an injury as he seemed to pick up something in the first half last week or if he really is off?

Wondering if Sa has an injury as he seemed to pick up something in the first half last week or if he really is off?
Given the weekend off due to interest from Saudi Arabia. Essentially he is packing his house up

Is it 3-5-2, 3-4-3, 4-3-3, or 4-2-3-1? Who knows?! Maybe not even the players.

From the order on the team sheet either 352 or a similar almost 442 to Sunday with Ait-Nouri playing wide right.

Of course Sa is off, he isn't staying here to not play and we don't want to pay a back up keeper that much either.

If I have to use those players then:

--------------------Johnstone----------------

Semedo-------Mosquera------Dawson-----Toti

Bellegarde------J Gomes-----Lemina----Ait-Nouri

-------------------Cunha--------------------

----------------Strand Larsen-------------------

But I reckon we've grasped for the stinking comfort blanket again.

Yeah I feel like it's most likely going to be 3-5-2. Or even 3-5-1-1.

Yeah, that’s a back 5 and hope for a bit of Cunha magic. Not sure why we need Bellegarde in there or what he’s meant to be adding.

Andre on the bench is a surprise. Had the fucker secured before 12 and we had to wait until 10pmish to see him sitting on a chair.

Johnstone
Semedo - Dawson - Mosquera - Toti
Bellegarde - JG - Lemina
Aït-Nouri - JSL - Cunha​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back