• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Norwich (A) Build-Up Thread 21/1/17

Doherty and cav have combined really well, but we've not really created much from it as most of the time it's only bod in the box. Danny nearly gave them a goal with a shocking back pass but ikeme came out well to block. Edwards is too deep half the time and next to Norwich players so the centre backs can't pass to him so it's only price who's available and the first 15 minutes his passing was poor, but he's picked up since then.

All in all we deserve to be one down, we look really flat. Would imagine lambert will be very unhappy in there. I'd definitely bring mason off personally.

Wolves say - Howson 25 yarder smacked the bar and Naismith put away the rebound
Tim II says - Howson 25 yarder smacked the bar, Stearman headed it straight at Naismith who put it away

Stearman didn't touch as far as I could see

Sounds as if Cav has been giving the ball away too often - Bright or Weimann on for him

Both can play wide if needed as can Mason (though its not his best position)

Midfield has no real grip on the game so a change there wouldn't hurt

The ineffective on the left Joe Mason seems to have been shoved out to the left

Iorfa brings down someone - right on the edge of the box - almost a penalty & could well have been called as one

No real surprise Cav subbed, can see him gone in the summer. I expect that Bod will be the only one of our summer signings to be here next season.

Bod again does well, but on his own & Norwich clear - seem to be massive gaps betweeen our midfield and forward (& it is only one at the moment)

I hope Lambert has had a fucking good word with Iorfa about his positional play

Iorfa with shocking ball control loses that opportunity although the pass out to him was poor. Not having a great game at all.
I hope Lambert has given him 15 mins to impress then we'll lift him off...
9 mins gone

Come on wolves, I would be fine with a draw away to the canaries

Doherty misplaced pass falls to Jerome - Norwich 3 on 1 - shot hits the post and across the goal - how the hell that didn't go in

We are really not in this game at all

Penalty Wolves as Doherty is brought down after he, Bod & Weimann combine well

Norwich have 3 on one given away in the middle by Doherty and Jerome running amok fires it past Ikeme but the ball hits the inside of the post and.... stays out!
Fuck's sake!
Can't retain possession, can't build any momentum, playing poorly so far.
Weimann having no impact at all.

But now as Doherty forces his way into the box passes it Bod, gets the rebound and he's tackled to the floor. Penalty.
Costa stepping up...

Get in Costa!!!

Costa scores and puts us level. Nice penalty. We haven't looked good at all, but as Jerome's shot almost went in but didn't we could have been 2-0 down but now we're 1-1.

UTW

Back