• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) - 11.02.19 - Monday Night Football

The trouble is here I’m not sure that bringing Cav or Traore on here makes much difference. Maybe MGW?

This is my thinking too. Listening to the coverage and has sounded utterly laboured. Said to someone today I was worried this had a Palace feel about it as Wolves were too routinely being praised and knew we had an opponent coming to frustrate and wasn't sure if we had figured that out yet, which it sounds like we haven't.

Still no final ball.

Why is Costa coming on??

Newcastle have been very good at making interceptions in defence. Costs coming on.

Donk off, 3-4-3 is my guess.

why costa of everyone we have on the bench??

Even though Jonny has done well, I think vinagre could be a solution at LWB just to give us that extra dynamism while keeping the core 3-5-2 shape

This is my thinking too. Listening to the coverage and has sounded utterly laboured. Said to someone today I was worried this had a Palace feel about it as Wolves were too routinely being praised and knew we had an opponent coming to frustrate and wasn't sure if we had figured that out yet, which it sounds like we haven't.

We played well in the first half and caused problems, have looked worse in this half and maybe a bit lacking in ideas but still could have scored. We keep getting in decent areas but not getting the final ball right

We're not playing poorly really but Newcastle are exceptionally good at defending in their third.

Longstaff almost makes it a back 6 for them and he's having a stormer, to boot.

Another sure it went through his hands. He dived to his right way too soon and then couldn't get back to his left in time. First (non kicking) cock up of his that I've seen all season.

Huddersfield free kick was his and one flappy crappy goal v Cardiff so that's three

3-4-3, then.

Come on, boys.

Should have gone 3-4-3 from half an hour in. Particularly since a hothead like Ritchie was on a booking.

good effort by costa for the corner

Just an inch too high from the corner FFS. So close.

Back