• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't, like lots of talented footballers they just can't do it at the top level.

His Rangers win was due to Beale as we've now found out.

Maybe, although Beale was with him at Villa last year and they looked similarly poor.

It was too soon for him to move and how he does in his next job will make or break his career as a manager.

I looked too. I imagine they've settled the market for Davis after our announcement. Purely to stop more people lumping in him.

Skynet have, my mate put a tenner on at 25s when the news broke that beale had turned us down and they paid out last night

Amazing how we’ve gone from Europa League QF to a championship return in the space of 2 and half years.
I’ve gone from the stage of resigning myself to the fact I’d have to wait until the stadium capacity was increased before my membership had any worth and was able to provide access to tickets for the half a dozen or so games I’d ordinarily get to, to not really even really requiring a membership because you can pretty much click a couple of buttons and get to any game you want to on the proviso you are not fussed where you sit.

I don’t think anyone envisaged back then we’d one day be getting rejected by the likes of Michael Beale. That’s one hell of a turnaround in a relatively short space of time and a very different direction to the one Jeff told us we’d be moving in.

I’ve gone from the stage of resigning myself to the fact I’d have to wait until the stadium capacity was increased before my membership had any worth and was able to provide access to tickets for the half a dozen or so games I’d ordinarily get to, to not really even really requiring a membership because you can pretty much click a couple of buttons and get to any game you want to on the proviso you are not fussed where you sit.

I don’t think anyone envisaged back then we’d one day be getting rejected by the likes of Michael Beale. That’s one hell of a turnaround in a relatively short space of time and a very different direction to the one Jeff told us we’d be moving in.
I'm away on Sunday and have tried to resell my tickets in the NB Upper via the club...they remain unsold

I'm away on Sunday and have tried to resell my tickets in the NB Upper via the club...they remain unsold
I’m abroad at the moment otherwise would have had a butchers at those. NB upper can sometimes be a bit tougher to get hold of.

I’m abroad at the moment otherwise would have had a butchers at those. NB upper can sometimes be a bit tougher to get hold of.
I don't think they offer them out until all others have gone as they've already got my money so better to get more by selling a seat in the quadrant

Reactions: b3h
Have we dodged a bullet with Beale ?

The idea that he wants to remain loyal to QPR and help to build the project is nonsense in my view , based on how he allowed his name to remain as part of the speculation over the last week .
If he was committed to QPR - as he should be after only 15/16 matches in charge and doing quite well , then why did he allow his name to be bandied about for a week as a potential future Wolves Manager within days ?
All it would have taken was a very emphatic ' no I am not interested , I am staying with QPR ' answer . Instead he wouldn't answer any question of that nature when asked .
It smacks of over stated ambition to me . You simply have to stay put at some stage and learn your trade . He has to make mistakes at that level to understand how to cope with them at a higher level .
He now has a reputation of someone who is constantly looking over his shoulder for his next move .

The idea that he wants to remain loyal to QPR and help to build the project is nonsense in my view , based on how he allowed his name to remain as part of the speculation over the last week .
If he was committed to QPR - as he should be after only 15/16 matches in charge and doing quite well , then why did he allow his name to be bandied about for a week as a potential future Wolves Manager within days ?
All it would have taken was a very emphatic ' no I am not interested , I am staying with QPR ' answer . Instead he wouldn't answer any question of that nature when asked .
It smacks of over stated ambition to me . You simply have to stay put at some stage and learn your trade . He has to make mistakes at that level to understand how to cope with them at a higher level .
He now has a reputation of someone who is constantly looking over his shoulder for his next move .
Had you heard of him a week ago?
Have you now?
There's your answer, profile. Alternatively he was genuinely interested and did have a change of heart/pang of guilt

Playing the waiting game then

I mean he did agree to join us in the Championship before, so...
That could mean anything really .

Yes I appreciate that he needed a rest after what was it , 4 years at Seville . He clearly puts his heart and soul into it , so understandably he needs a rest .

Does that mean he'll be ready in November / December ?

I don't believe that his father's illness is the reason . Lots of people have ill parents , but that does not mean that you give us your job and be with them for 3/4 months until they pass away . Life goes on . If Lopetegui were to move to the UK having stayed close to his father for 6 weeks or so it doesn't mean that he cares any less .

Pfft, just don't care, he's turned us down so totally irrelevant to me now.

If nobody obvious becomes available and they are still want to go down the promising coach route, Anthony Barry who was mentioned by GFFH as under consideration will be available once Bobby Martinez fucks up Belguim's chances.
Might put a €5 on him if I can find a bookie giving odds on him.
One hell of a gamble (not my €5 but what Jeff is thinking) if they wait till then and go down that route
I am kind of wondering if he could be in the frame. He obviously wants to go to the World Cup and recently turned down the Huddersfield job because of it I believe? It would kind of make sense us waiting if he is next on the list.

If we are waiting/hoping for Lopetegui then our obsession with him is really strange.

One of the things that has me completely baffled is the statement 'Davis will be in charge till 2023'
What does that even mean? One minute past midnight on New year's day Lopetegui is announced. Is it till the end of the season in 2023? Will Davis lead us on the first day back in the Championship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back