• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Matt Doherty

How much for The Gloves?

• Total voters
Less strikers than goalkeepers? Are they really that few Irish forwards??

Nicky Byrne of Westlife was in Leeds' Academy. Keeper. Genuinely.

Good to see singer/songwriter Damien Rice making a success of his footballing career too.

Watched the Leeds game back last night. Doherty was just excellent going forward. Going to change my mind and say that if we were to sell him we'd get at least £4m. One of the things that would make him a good buy for any number of Championship clubs is the fact that he's going to play 46 games in the season.

After recent performances, is he starting to change a few opinions of him on this thread? All credit to him, he's done well recently, but I would rather have him as back up to a top-notch upgrade in the summer. :)

Not really. He didn't need to defend at all last night, Bennett was back in who he trusts more than Batth, Reading were pretty awful. Always known he's decent at attacking, I think it was AndyWolves who said last season he could perhaps do a job as a CM/further forward and I agreed I thought he could.

But he gets my love for last night. And I got some stick off my partner who likes him the second I walked in - "That shit Doherty again ay"

After recent performances, is he starting to change a few opinions of him on this thread? All credit to him, he's done well recently, but I would rather have him as back up to a top-notch upgrade in the summer. :)

People thought Phil Ofosu-Ayeh was the upgrade :icon_lol:

shall we present him with one !!!!!!

I'd put a few pence into the fund if I didn't think that he would just use it as a dishcloth

Doherty has done better than I expected him to this season - helped by the formation and the number of games that he hasn't been asked to defend that much

A revelation he is not though & would be exposed in the Premier League. As a back up he would not be the worst option to have, but if we retain this formation then a better version is needed. If another Championship side wants to offer silly money for him once we have gone up then would be inclined to take it

I already have a Doherty banter mug that some idiot gave me. You'll have to think of another hilarious joke.

Back