• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Manchester City (H) 20/10: Build-Up & Match Thread

You’ve got to manage the immediate threat a free hit on goal 20 yards out is imminent danger not like it was 35 yard screamer.
He *should* get closed down quicker, but he sort of drifts in between Gomes & JSL - neither of them can quite get there in time. But it’s a full back and he’s on his weak side outside the box. Sometimes you just have to say “good hit, fair enough” and get on with it.

I'm surprised so many are unhappy with the first half. Given our form and the way we're set up, what did people expect, a Nuno tactical masterclass? We all know Gary isn't capable of that. All the players have done ok, Gomes and Lemina the best they've been for a while
I know its my Wolves bias but City seem to get away with lots of niggly fouls on our players trying to bring the ball out.

Looks like Pep has decided that he needs to get past Semedo...

Its ok saying we should have closed Gvardiol down, close him down and you leave one of their more attacking players with a space, or Kovacic, or Stones. It's not easy against a team of their level
There's 3 men marking Haaland. Fundamentally we are too deep. 5 yds higher up the pitch and you are more likely to get away with it.

Semedo....you have got to be stronger and more determined to win that and when you don't, you should run like hell to get back in position instead of a slow jog.

Foden incoming time for him to be the exact player I want to be for England

Back