• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd FA Cup Thread

We seem to have silenced the home fans very effectively.

It's like a morgue.

Which was similar to only one goal chalked off all season and that was Doherty in the first leg.

Oh totally. But we had that luck against a HUUUUUUGGGE TEAM so the authorities had to act and fuck the game for everyone. It's bollocks.

I’d say 2-2 would be a fair score. Raul and Doc should have scored. James should have done better with his two whereas that was good GKing whereas ours was poor finishing.

First things first, Brandon Williams will be man of the match. McManaman has already decided.
Secondly, VAR just leaves such a bitter taste
And thirdly, I think this is the first time I've used the word cunt on this forum, but really, it's all you can say about McManaman isn't it?

Neto has had the better of Williams a number of times. I think that moment toward the end of the half showed he is getting frustrated

Need to sharpen up a bit on the long balls in behind, James in particular finding too much space with those runs and it seems very unusual to see that tactic looking so useful against Wolves.

Jimenez really should bag after doing so well to get the ball under control and turn away from the defenders, Doherty unlucky with the header off the post.

Looking favourites so far, hopefully keep at it second half.

It was implemented because of the Willy Boly goal against City.
It really wasnt. It was a goal for Arsenal v Burnley the season before that made them come up with rule. It was in the list to be voted on before Boly scored.

Absolutely certain that if Doc had scored he'd have been given offside by VAR

First things first, Brandon Williams will be man of the match. McManaman has already decided.
And thirdly, I think this is the first time I've used the word cunt on this forum, but really, it's all you can say about McManaman isn't it?

To be fair, Williams has fallen over very effectively tonight, and I’d say he’s fallen over even better than Dan James, who is world class at falling over. As that was one of mcmanamans biggest talents, he probably will give him motm.

We’re the better side here, hope we can get a goal early in the second half

Not a word I use very often but I'll see it and raise it to fucking Scouse cunt.

What song is being sung to the old duh duh duh “Elokobi” tune? Can’t make it out.

Duh duh duh, football in a library (I think).

The handball and VAR (being the only way anyone sees it) are destroying the game.

It really wasnt. It was a goal for Arsenal v Burnley the season before that made them come up with rule. It was in the list to be voted on before Boly scored.

When was the one when Aguero slid into the goal on his arse and the ball rolled in off his hand? Was that after Boly or before as well? I can't remember.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make was that the clever chaps at IFAB were reacting to goals scored that maybe shouldn't have counted rather than the imminent arrival of VAR. The bonus is that VAR spots every hand ball (bar two at least I can think of that they have missed, the incompetent gimps)

Need to sharpen up a bit on the long balls in behind, James in particular finding too much space with those runs and it seems very unusual to see that tactic looking so useful against Wolves.

Jimenez really should bag after doing so well to get the ball under control and turn away from the defenders, Doherty unlucky with the header off the post.

Looking favourites so far, hopefully keep at it second half.

Wasn't it Burnley who tried the same tactic the other month, we got a bit confused that day.

Duh duh duh, football in a library (I think).

The handball and VAR (being the only way anyone sees it) are destroying the game.
I'd say it was probably a very easy handball to spot seen as Neto didn't even bother celebrating for even a split second, he obviously knew what was coming.

As soon as I saw the players barely celebrating you knew something was up, but the hypocrisy of the whole thing is if Maguire handballs in the same and prevents it going to Neto it’s judged accidental.

Not a word I use very often but I'll see it and raise it to fucking Scouse cunt.

His level of bias - and ignorance - is quite astonishing. Football knowledge appears to be on a par with Dean Saunders

When was the one when Aguero slid into the goal on his arse and the ball rolled in off his hand? Was that after Boly or before as well? I can't remember.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make was that the clever chaps at IFAB were reacting to goals scored that maybe shouldn't have counted rather than the imminent arrival of VAR. The bonus is that VAR spots every hand ball (bar two at least I can think of that they have missed, the incompetent gimps)

Best bit is Carlisle or Cardiff could probaly go through to the next round with the same hand ball goal tonight.

We seem to have forgotten, that if that incident happens pre VAR we’d be livid that handball was missed (if against us).

When a player punches or catches it ive got no issues. It’s the brushing of a bicep or shoulder (Boly) that is ridiculous.

another cross into a box where it's 1v6

Prime example of lack of bodies in the box again. Neto clearly getting to the byline - beats Williams - looks up and Raul is at the back post and there are 4 defenders between the two players.

Absolutely mental that we can’t get more men in the box.

Also, Neves’ shooting has been awful recently*

*last time I said this he scored a screamer, so I’m taking the credit if he scores now.

How many times will Dendoncker play a backwards square ball across our box before he learns?

Back