• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd (A) 14/8 - Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's shut me up, what a great first half.
Only time we have looked like conceding when we give the ball away

Not been bad so far but would be nice for players to be a bit more assertive in the final third, never seem to quite do enough to really commit their opponents and force a clear opening. When Cunha broke through the middle it was 3v2 in Wolves' favour but it never really looked like they were going to create a clear chance from it, slightly sloppy touch from him and bland movement either side meant United didn't become as stretched as they should've.

Semedo started really well, think he got a bit sloppy from half an hour or so in. RAN has been poor, he looks alright on the ball but Antony is beating him everytime and he never does enough with his movement off the ball for me. Nunes has done some lovely stuff and sprinkled it with brainless nonsense, pretty much his MO.

I'd ditch Sarabia for a centre forward and see if can create a bit more space for Cunha to pick up the ball behind Casemiro while someone else occupies United's centre halves.

I'd ditch Sarabia for a centre forward and see if can create a bit more space for Cunha to pick up the ball behind Casemiro while someone else occupies United's centre halves.
Absolutely this. Get Silva on for him and give someone for Cunha to link with through the middle.

You’d be looking to replace Nunes and Neto after 10-15, but for who? Hwang?

Unless he shifts Sarabia out there when he brings Fabio on

Absolutely this. Get Silva on for him and give someone for Cunha to link with through the middle.

Yep, agreed. He’s clearly a very clever footballer and gets in the right positions but not much end product so far

Semedo has been outstanding so far. Cunha has played really well too. Tighten up the ball retention and we could mock something here. Definitely the better side so far.
The week (we've had)?

I can understand the comments around Sarabia, but I don't think there's another player in that squad who'd have played that perfectly weighted ball for Cunha's chance. It probably says more about the others general ability in those positions, but he's a clever player and we need to try and use him more, rather than just the outlet that our forward players have been for years now.

Hwang could interesting too with his speed(for Sarabia)

I guess O’Neil will give it until 60 mins or thereabouts and then make some changes.
A centre forward would be good. Wish they’d pressurise their goalkeeper more.

I can understand the comments around Sarabia, but I don't think there's another player in that squad who'd have played that perfectly weighted ball for Cunha's chance. It probably says more about the others general ability in those positions, but he's a clever player and we need to try and use him more, rather than just the outlet that our forward players have been for years now.

100% agree but again, he needs players ahead of him making runs to be effective and if he and Cunha are upfront together where does they come from regularly?

No surprise that United’s midfield is passenger-esque at the moment though. It was a lot of last season too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back