• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd (A) 14/8 - Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously we'd all rather Cunha was at 10 but it was always pretty unlikely he'd veer away from that 11 in his first game. Hopefully Nunes as a proper 8 all season and he learns how to do it in the PL because then we've got an incredible player on his hands

United have the atrocious trait of putting their team down in squad number order bar the goalkeeper. Should be a points deduction.

F3gobWrWMBU1g8R

Not sure we need to overthink Nunes; he played so much better out wide last season that I don't much care where he spent his time at SCP. Just play him where he plays best, IMO right now that isn't as a CM (happy for him to change that, but I wouldn't be forcing it).

I think GON has come across quite well since he has joined and his pre-match conference on Sky came across well too. His “happy with the group” comments indicates there won’t be any signings which is a major concern at CB, but otherwise he’s saying the right things for me.

Feels quite McCarthy-esque in just trying to get the players together and fighting for one another.

Not sure we need to overthink Nunes; he played so much better out wide last season that I don't much care where he spent his time at SCP. Just play him where he plays best, IMO right now that isn't as a CM (happy for him to change that, but I wouldn't be forcing it).

Think that's down to the wide position he's playing being quite similar to the position he should be playing centrally but we don't set up so he can do that.

Dawson > Toti, swing those crosses in and he can nut us a few in

@Alan

From what I saw of Cunha v Celtic he made very few runs across the back line or diagonally, preferring to play with his back to goal and have the ball to feet. He is quick but doesnt give others the option to play the ball between defenders.
Good player but won't score many.
Probably get a hat trick tonight now 😀

Think that's down to the wide position he's playing being quite similar to the position he should be playing centrally but we don't set up so he can do that.

We probably could if we played a three man. But I fancy Gomes more in that 8 role than I do Nunes.

Agree but they'd both have similar roles in a 433 like that, Lemina anchoring.

Yeah. Not sure I’d trust Nunes in a two man currently - too susceptible to brain farts.

Wonder how soon he'll get those initials chanted this season?

Screenshot_2023-08-14-19-46-27-625_com.twitter.android-edit.jpg

Happy with that lineup. If we can stay in the game up to the hour could be perfect for Silva and Hwang to come on and impress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back