• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man United Build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First twenty minutes were a total non-event; since their goal there's only been one team in it.

Credit to Solskjær, he's played a blinder thus far. They seem to have an extra man on the pitch.

We can’t cope with their pressing. Giving the call away constantly and building nothing going forwards.

Big team talk at half time for Nuno.

This. Doc doesn’t look fit and he’s contributing nothing, I’d sub him.

Thank fool for Boly at the end there. I'd take Doc off for Vinagre and put Jonny on the right

Unfortunately second best here. Raise the game or it's a comfortable away day. We are better than this, expect a Nuno bollockng

We need to do so much better to get anything from this.

Nuno better have a nice talk with over the break

No and not sure Nuno want a Jonny that side at all, shame we can't swap them, Vinagre V Shaw sounds good

Edit: dammit autocorrect

Fucking rubbish.
Jota's 1st Touch is awful nothing has stuck.
Jiminez has held the ball up and layed it off.
Neves, and Dendonker have been hopeless.
Doc not in the game.
Cannot remember as many bad halfs in all last season

Well, can't complain about the score. Was it Neves that gave the ball away for their goal? Like a few players he's looked well off the pace tonight. We're going to need to deal with their pressing and yep, replace who needs to go back on the treatment table. They look sharp and 1-0 slightly flatters us

Another key mistake by beano at the end, alnost cost us a goal. A minute before that martial almost got the ball off him and he ended up putting doherty under pressure with a last second pass.
We are not looking well at all, we look so tired. So many wrong passes, lack of concentration, lack of creativity, united are not playing all that well theyre just pressuring us but its so effective

Also why are doherty/beano marking macguire at corners/free kicks instead of boly? Hes won every single header

I can't remember the last time we were so poor on the ball. Some really good pressing, we've turned the ball over plenty but haven't looked after it anywhere near well enough. Not been able to get doc on the ball at all, and Raul/Jota have had no support really. Struggle to see us getting close to them given how poor the passing has been today

Have to say, as poor as we’ve been, I’ve been very impressed with Utd’s work rate off the ball. We just can’t handle them pressing us and have forgotten how to keep possession of the football.

Doherty isn’t fit (clearly) and Bennert has been way off his usual standards, so we’ve looked very nervous down that side.

I would like to see Vinny come on & move Jonny across. Jonny can contain Shaw and Vinny should be able to push Wan-Bissaka back a bit.

Gary Neville saying Coady & Bennett are the weak links for dropping too deep. Not sure about that - I think Coady has done well so far.

Oh and I'm sure rashford was looking for Shaw with that pass for the goal, jammy cunt

Maybe that's the problem with the Europa League. Maybe playing a Conference side and a Lg 2 side isn't perfect preparation for the Prem

Fucking rubbish.
Jota's 1st Touch is awful nothing has stuck.
Jiminez has held the ball up and layed it off.
Neves, and Dendonker have been hopeless.
Doc not in the game.
Cannot remember as many bad halfs in all last season

Tad harsh that. Dendonker has been fairly good imo. Have to give utd some credit, well organised and closing us down very quickly.
Doc off Traore on for me.

Use of the ball has been really poor, just trying to force it but ends up leaving it as Jota and Jimenez vs the world as no time for anyone else to join the attack. Was one just after the goal where Coady cut the ball out as pretty much last man, carried it forward about 10 yards and then the front two were the only players ahead of him. Need to get a foot on the ball and give the wingbacks and midfield chance to gain a bit of ground so they can support the front two.

The goal was really poor too, possession conceded cheaply by Neves picking the wrong pass and then didn't even put any significant pressure on all the way back into their own box. Very soft.

They said we dropped to deep.
Have to say we probably did.
Utd have been as good as have let them be.
We have given the ball away too much, there goal came from a poor pogba pass that we had 4 V 4 and did not pass it to a Wolves shirt. If we had passed properlywe would have been in on goal
Its shocking Wolves play

Very disappointing. Neves has been appalling, as has Jota. This could end up 4-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back