• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

love/hate thy neighbours?

My Dad bought me up on a dislike to Albion didn’t help he worked in Great Bridge surrounded by Albion fans. Remember him dancing around the living room in 1989 when Bully lashed home that last minute winner.
So I grew up with a dislike to Albion but eventually it diluted especially when I joined the forces. I use to prefer beating the sides my mates supported ie Leicester, Leeds, Forrest and Cardiff to avoid ridicule.
I think rivalry and it’s intensity depends on where you live who you work with etc

How to West Brom have as many fans as they do? It’s not like it’s a big place in it self and is basically in Birmingham. Then obviously Wolves city centre and surrounding area to the the west.

Have a lot of fans in north Worcestershire and Dudley doesn’t have a team so a good fewfrom there to.

How to West Brom have as many fans as they do? It’s not like it’s a big place in it self and is basically in Birmingham. Then obviously Wolves city centre and surrounding area to the the west.

Whilst West Brom itself isn't particularly large (and yes, the ground was half in Birmingham before 1966), if you add it together with the rest of Sandwell, Halesowen, south side of Walsall and into Stourbridge and Tipton, it's actually quite a lot of people.

Whilst West Brom itself isn't particularly large (and yes, the ground was half in Birmingham before 1966), if you add it together with the rest of Sandwell, Halesowen, south side of Walsall and into Stourbridge and Tipton, it's actually quite a lot of people.

Stourbridge probably has more Wolves over all. Dudley is fairly even split, basically on which side of town you are. Halesowen, Cradley etc are strong Albion areas though.

My school in Brierley Hill was split, quite a lot of Wolves/Albion. A few Villa and I didn't know a Bham fan until recently.

There's a surprising number of Albion fans in South West Birmingham too. Places like Harborne and Edgbaston. I guess Smethwick isn't all that far away from there. A friend of mine went to school in Northfield and said it was mainly Albion, with some Blues and a then one or two Wolves & Villa. Albion definitely have a lot of Birmingham-based fans.

Albion are a much older club than Blues, with a much richer history. That's probably why there was an historical Albion/Villa rivalry.

I went to school in Willenhall and that was pretty well split Wolves & Albion (along with United and Liverpool)

I was going to say I bet there's loads of Albion fans going all the way into Brum, won't all be Villa/Bham. I think Bradley is heavy Albion as mentioned above, and Dudley

Edit:Cradley...

I went to school in Willenhall and that was pretty well split Wolves & Albion (along with United and Liverpool)

I went to school in Willenhall there were No shit fans in our year.
There were 2 in our school.

Used to see hardly any shit fans around. Now i guess you get mire due to their time in the prem

Okay Old hill and Rowley Regis is half and Half every body is going on that its all S--t fans believe me it aint its full of Wolves particularly springfield and sedgley and Gornal is Wolves

I went to school in Willenhall there were No shit fans in our year.
There were 2 in our school.

Used to see hardly any shit fans around. Now i guess you get mire due to their time in the prem

I left school almost 20 years ago, can't really pin it on their time in the Prem as they hadn't been there then. Moved away from the area at 18 so no idea what it's like there now.

I left school almost 20 years ago, can't really pin it on their time in the Prem as they hadn't been there then. Moved away from the area at 18 so no idea what it's like there now.

I left Pool Hayes 37 years ago willenhall was a wolves area

Somebody said who you hate depends on where you live and work.

Well I left the Midlands 25 years ago and I still loath the sh1t and their fans. I've never had a friend who supports the sh1t and my four daughters know they would be ex-communicated from the family if they ever bring one home as a boyfriend.

I've tried to explain my feelings about the sh1t to an Everton fan who I work with and he just didn't get it........... perhaps its just me

Last edited:
My brother in law is a shit fan. He's alright. I know plenty of Villa fans who are decent enough. I am yet to meet a bluenose who was anything other than a complete belmer.

Somebody said who you hate depends on where you live and work.

Well I left the Midlands 25 years ago and I still loath the sh1t and their fans. I've never had a friend who supports the sh1t and my four daughters know they would be ex-communicated from the family if they ever bring one home as a boyfriend.

I've tried to explain my feelings about the sh1t to an Everton fan and he just didn't get it........... perhaps its just me

I try to keep that kind of hatred for paedophiles... and my boss....

Back