• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H) 28/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside I've been pretty happy with how Bueno and Toti have done together. Albeit Toti got done slightly for the first goal.
Agreed, not as bad as I feared it might be.... but wish Toti wouldn't try the Beckenbauer every now and again because he's shite at it.

Mental strength for the goal? It was keystone cops! Stonewall penalty. Jota is scoring a tap in without it

I prefer us to win as well.

However if we are going to lose, I'd prefer it to be with some hope, some periods of good play that we can build on rather than being just fucking awful like we were so regularly under Lage, Connor etc.

You're disagreeing with that?
No moral victories, etc.

“Playing well” and losing is a mirage. Points stop relegation; it’s not a beauty pageant.

We're a disaster across the pitch. Complete lack of composure, no form of partnership anywhere, technically deficient in key areas, no threat in behind and just brainless in key moments.

We're an absolute certainty to drop.

No moral victories, etc.

“Playing well” and losing is a mirage. Points stop relegation; it’s not a beauty pageant.
Astonishing.

I'm saying I'd prefer us to play well than badly, and you're arguing with me :ROFLMAO:

Santi has been good. Less convinced by Toti.

Hwang, Guedes or leave Larsen on. Those are his options...
Someone with a bit of pace who can run the channels might have been something different for the two Liverpool CBs to deal with at the end of a game.

We're a disaster across the pitch. Complete lack of composure, no form of partnership anywhere, technically deficient in key areas, no threat in behind and just brainless in key moments.

We're an absolute certainty to drop.

But otherwise we're OK?

Astonishing.
It’s not a secret that I see sport as entertainment second, competition first. Also seems to be the inverse, generally speaking, here on the forum if not UK football culture writ large.

Nothing wrong with it, per se, but I don’t get a lot of joy from watching a pointless knock around we’re not truly competitive in.

As I think @Jinky said, Liverpool immediately just shifted a gear after we scored and that was that.

And that’s why you play Forbs ahead of Bellegarde when your only tactic is to counter. Liverpool defenders now have something to genuinely fear.
Exactly why I'd have Guedes on over Hwang too.

It’s not a secret that I see sport as entertainment second, competition first. Also seems to be the inverse, generally speaking, here on the forum if not UK football culture writ large.

Nothing wrong with it, per se, but I don’t get a lot of joy from watching a pointless knock around we’re not truly competitive in.

As I think @Jinky said, Liverpool immediately just shifted a gear after we scored and that was that.
What you on about... you watch MLS don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back