• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (A) 19/5: Build-Up & Match Thread

Oh and that was also when the PL/Sky properly screwed us over on fixtures and gave us the least break over Christmas between two games of any team by miles. At least it was only Man City and Liverpool, eh.

The conspiracy stuff is of course silly but you can see why people get it into their heads.

Still say the worst one at Anfield was the ref blowing for handball and then denying it after we initially reacted to it and Mane scored
Not the allowing of the Salah goal, when he was miles offside as it has skimmed off Toti's head or Toti's legitimate goal not standing?

The hand ball from Lallana(?) wasn't but had Van Dijk controlled it with his hand in the build up?

On VAR: "It's well known how frustrated we've been with decisions. We had some discussions and Jeff is extremely disappointed with the decisions and the way VAR doesn't improve the consistency. In it's current state I'd be happy for it to be abolished."

"They need to tidy up the time it takes to reach decisions. The supporters tell you if it's taking too long. It was brought in to clear things up, but it's less clear. If it does stay, offside will improve with semi auto. There's lots of improvements to be made."

Other managers agree on VAR? "I don't know who does and doesn't want it, but every PL manager I've spoken to has issues with it in it's current state. The whole nation would agree there are issues with it."

On potential for a VAR challenge system: "My concern would be the extra stoppages in the game. The way the technology is implemented is the main thing at the moment. It's not made the game feel better."

On Liverpool: "I was unfortunate that my time there was during Covid, but I did spend some afternoons with Klopp. He's an iconic figure with what he's done for the football club. What he's created there is really special."

"But we can still finish in the top 10 and we're desperate to win the game."

Team news: "Pedro Neto will be in the squad. He's trained well and feels good. There's a doubt over Sarabia with a slight injury."

On summer: "I'm looking forward to the summer and to make sure we improve. How I can improve and how we can improve the group. It will be a big summer with comings and goings."

On recruitment: "I've had some good conversations with Jeff this week on the summer. Things have started to move a little bit."

On new contract: "I've not had any discussions around my future. Nothing pencilled in, just focusing on how we make the group better."

On VAR vote: "We have no idea how it will go, but it's good to start the discussion around it."

“It will be a big summer”

If you say so, Gary.

I still absolutely refuse to believe that Neto was offside... even more so since I saw the VAR panel drawing the lines on the screen recently. The Toti one was also beyond belief. Cameras failed... at Anfield ... sure they did. Like most, I have refused to believe the corruption calls but it is quite clear that one team has suffered significantly more than double the times of the next team that has suffered the most. That is absolutely not right and makes a mockery of fairness.

No way we're getting anything out of Anfield this weekend. Just be glad when this season is done and the new season is here.
The missing camera angle was the most dodgy and most likely one you could point to corruption instead of incompetence.

Would've been a huge investigation if it was the other way.

The hand ball from Lallana(?) wasn't but had Van Dijk controlled it with his hand in the build up?
It was more the ref blew his whistle...Lallana went nuts at him for doing it. Ref then said he didn't blow, he fucking well did.

GN8hkZjXcAA7ZST

I'm not surprised Traore has dropped to the bench, he had a poor game last time out. Surprised it is Bellegarde in though, might put a lot of pressure on Lemina and Gomes to do the defensive duties against a midfield 3 of Liverpool.

Seem to be playing ok and getting stuck in.

Back