• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2024/25

Just watched Leeds v Sheff Utd. Good game, good atmosphere, no diving about. No VAR. Some aggression. Something worth playing for. EFL it's not the end if the world.

Every fan in that stadium is desperate to get out of that league.
I work with a fair few Leeds fans and everyone of them is doing the old "so much better in the Championship, chance of winning, no VAR blah blah"

I work with a fair few Leeds fans and everyone of them is doing the old "so much better in the Championship, chance of winning, no VAR blah blah"
They'll be happy staying down then even if they get the chance of promotion, no?

Just watched Leeds v Sheff Utd. Good game, good atmosphere, no diving about. No VAR. Some aggression. Something worth playing for. EFL it's not the end if the world.
I for one am looking forward to never watching Cunha and RAN never play for us again.

Joe Hodge will be magnificent next season.

In the narrowest sense I get it. I'd be happy without VAR, a more level playing field. It's not level though, 5 of last years play off teams did so on the back of parachute payments, the top 2 the year before both did.

Ultimately though the whole point is to get promoted. If not what are you playing for? To finish 3rd, lose in the play offs, eventually lose the parachute money and become a mid table also ran, hoping this may be the year you overperform.The kick offs are shite now as well, particularly for the bigger teams.

Disclaimer: this will never happen and would probably be disastrous.

I want them to introduce a salary cap tied to the wage bill of the team that finishes 17th each season.

Disclaimer: this will never happen and would probably be disastrous.

I want them to introduce a salary cap tied to the wage bill of the team that finishes 17th each season.
Would have to be administered all over Europe but you are correct.

I do realise the EFL is a lower standard than the EPL 🤣.
and remember the year in year out disappointment of failing to get promoted.
Apologies for enjoying the game last night. 😆

The different league I’d like to watch us play in is the Europa League. Im paying the price you’d rightly expect already so, halfway there right?

Just a big no to second tier football, it was crap in the 90’s and still is.
I was hoping we’d have more than 7 seasons away from it so I could begin to forget how grim a league it is. 46 games probably 4 more to many than there should be which helps diminish the quality.
Occasional midweek game is ok but on a regular basis no thanks. For every Sunderland sized club there’s plenty of Millwall sized clubs. Poorer coverage and diminished club status.
Fixtures aren’t occasions just a matter of process.

Bowen & Kudus are so good. Spurs remain such a soft touch though, just nowhere near good enough for where they want to be.

Back