• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2024/25

Yep. Another good shout. 20 miles or so down the A5

UEFA would probably be awkward and be unhappy at the game being played in a different country to where they're registered. And Crewe or Shrewsbury will have the same issue of availabilty.

Bangor or Rhyl don't hold enough either.

Parc Y Scarlets fits the brief, but it's South Wales.

I think when Cefn Druids were in Europe (or it could have been Connahs Quay), they had to play at Cardiff for exactly that reason. Wrexham may not have been suitable also but definitely there was insufficient space in the calendar at TNS (as TNS were probably playing in Europe at the same time)
In the qualification games, all the North Wales teams (bar TNS) would play in Rhyl.

Cardiff Met used Cardiff City's stadium I think

Wrexham will be suitable as it hosts international games for UEFA as well. Even when it had 3 stands open

You can play qualification games at grounds with a tiny capacity (Crusaders' ground is miniscule and we played there) but for group games it seems you need UEFA Category 4 as minimum. And that's 8,000 minimum capacity.

Can they play in England given they've qualified through the Welsh FA?

P.S. I know that they actually already play in England

Can they play in England given they've qualified through the Welsh FA?

P.S. I know that they actually already play in England
I was wondering if Dudelange of Luxembourg played outside the national boundaries but seems they used the national stadium which *just* meets the requirements.

I reckon UEFA would say you have to play in Wales somewhere. And while Wrexham fits the brief and is near enough (not that TNS have many fans to worry about), how happy is Mr Deadpool going to be about his pitch getting churned up for another club.

Technically they could play at Chester. The pitch is in Wales :D

I was wondering if Dudelange of Luxembourg played outside the national boundaries but seems they used the national stadium which *just* meets the requirements.

I reckon UEFA would say you have to play in Wales somewhere. And while Wrexham fits the brief and is near enough (not that TNS have many fans to worry about), how happy is Mr Deadpool going to be about his pitch getting churned up for another club.
Been to that ground as well! For a non-England full international. I am a little bit odd.

He'd hijack it, play the philanthropy card, find a TNS fan that's 100 years of age and make a segment with sepia tinged photos and reflective music.

He'd hijack it, play the philanthropy card, find a TNS fan that's 100 years of age and make a segment with sepia tinged photos and reflective music.
And I would watch that episode on the Disney Wrexham doc and love it

Rice being a dickhead gets himself sent off and misses the London derby next week.

Back