• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2024/25

Awoniyi with probably the worst penalty I've ever seen in the shootout Forest v Newcastle. Made Waddle's at Italia 90 look close.
It was dreadful!

That new Forest keeper is a unit, 6'8"

Awoniyi with probably the worst penalty I've ever seen in the shootout Forest v Newcastle. Made Waddle's at Italia 90 look close.

I'll see your Awoniyi tonight and raise you Doherty vs Fulham in 2015. Nearly hit the corner flag

TNS on the brink of qualifying for the Europa Conference Group stage.

Won away leg 3-0.

Currently 0-0 and the opposition down to 10.
Less than 30 mins to go.

Huge moment for Welsh football if they get over the line.

As Jeff would (almost) say "They'll be dancing in the streets of The New Saints tonight".

Lets see if UEFA let them play their home games in Oswestry or make them move to Wrexham

GWO4WTNWMAEe5BF

Last edited:
Shame they didn't get Fiorentina at home although a superb away trip for their er, 200 fans.

Great city, terrible decrepit ground and view from behind the goals. Like an end with a running track, except there is no longer [not sure if there ever was] a running track. A bit plonked in front to make the fans appear closer, but so shallow unless you are 6'7'' or on the front row you can't see anything, even at the end you're standing.

Last edited:
Love it! [Your response, not Oswestry BTW]

'The Venue' at Park Hall is however just so soulless. Only excitement generated is in the ten pin bowling alley.

I mean surely they can't play there, it holds 3,000. UEFA rules seem to say you need at least 8,000 for group stage games.

Of course it isn't anywhere near Wrexham to the north or Cardiff to the south. The opposite of Linton Travel Tavern in that it's the non-genius of its location.

Wrexham isn't that far away. Without checking, less than 20 miles, maybe 15

Would there be a problem with Wrexham though given they will also have lots of midweek games. Not on a Thursday but they'll be regularly playing 2 home games a week including the EFL Trophy.

Could use Crewe. That will be 30 odd miles away

Wouldn't Shrewsbury be more likely and keep it in Shropshire?

Reactions: jlo
I think when Cefn Druids were in Europe (or it could have been Connahs Quay), they had to play at Cardiff for exactly that reason. Wrexham may not have been suitable also but definitely there was insufficient space in the calendar at TNS (as TNS were probably playing in Europe at the same time)

Back