• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it'll happen because of Southgate's loyalty, but by actually playing football Phillips could be playing himself out of the Euros squad.
Has he ever really been that good? I know Leeds fans loved him, bit for me he's just a bit 'meh' even at his best.

Has he ever really been that good? I know Leeds fans loved him, bit for me he's just a bit 'meh' even at his best.
Phillips was a steady player. Nowt spectacular but had a role at Leeds and was very good in it. Also always looked OK in the England shirt.

City move has destroyed him and gone to West Ham and probably over doing it to try and impress but first big error and his already weak mental confidence smashed to bits.

He’s always looked incredibly one-dimensional to me. A pure #6.
Not a place for that type of player in most high-end squads these days, IMO.

I think like Maguire he's always looked better in an England shirt than a club one. I didn't think it was right Southgate kept picking him when he was playing about 20 minutes a month for City, but he still continued to do well, even though I don't think we need Rice alongside someone like him or Henderson in the vast majority of games. He's completely shot at West Ham now though, giving away goals and now a red. Like Kenny says I think Pep has broken him with his clear lack of belief and fat shaming

For me, he's always been just 'alright'. Not an international calibre footballer in a month of Sundays. Rice has always been a far superior CM in my view.

Phillips was a steady player. Nowt spectacular but had a role at Leeds and was very good in it. Also always looked OK in the England shirt.

City move has destroyed him and gone to West Ham and probably over doing it to try and impress but first big error and his already weak mental confidence smashed to bits.
Yeah but in fairness, that wasn't a second yellow. Just that twat MGW making it look worse than it was and getting him sent off.

City v Chelsea is an enjoyably open affair. If Chelsea had someone other than Nicolas Jackson and 2024 Raheem Sterling up top then they'd likely be in front.

Was Jackson actually good in Spain? It's really hard to imagine him being successful in any league.

There's needing time to adjust and then there's... Whatever he is.

He had a weird scoring streak after Christmas last year.

He is shit.

glad someone topped up the Chelsea metre after we played them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back