• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2018/19

Despite the results and goals, I'm still not fully convinced. They've had some "lucky" results and scored with almost what seems like every shot they have.

The performances have been better, but at some point "not being Mourinho" will wear off

Well, this would be, what, his 12th game in charge? And 12 wins. I don't care what your players are or who your competition is, that ain't easy.
No but there are only two games I think where they wouldn't have been outright favourites. I think he's benefitted a lot from how bad Mourinho made them look, he's returned them to the norm and looks like a magician by comparison.

He's doing a good job, no argument there, but it's not exactly like he's walking on water.

Personally I'd say that returning them to "normal" was no small feat given just how poor they were under Mourinho. And when you consider that so many of us thought that he would actively make them worse...

Been quite impressed with Maitland-Niles, is he their usual rwb or is he only playing because its the cup?

Personally I'd say that returning them to "normal" was no small feat given just how poor they were under Mourinho. And when you consider that so many of us thought that he would actively make them worse...

The players they have, a semi competent manager would have improved them, and he has...

Been quite impressed with Maitland-Niles, is he their usual rwb or is he only playing because its the cup?

Bellerin is broken (won't play much again until 2020) and Lichtsteiner is finished so he'll probably play most games from now for the rest of the season.

I didn't see it as being so difficult to overcome the Mourinho stank, a lot of them had basically stopped playing for him so just going in there and putting some smiles on faces was going to go a long way. I certainly don't remember anyone thinking they'd get worse than they were.

Aubamayeng has been really poor tonight, no real movement from him so whenever Arsenal have got onto half way decent positions they've had to turn and go back because he doesn't give any promise of getting on the end of things.

I didn't see it as being so difficult to overcome the Mourinho stank, a lot of them had basically stopped playing for him so just going in there and putting some smiles on faces was going to go a long way. I certainly don't remember anyone thinking they'd get worse than they were.

Tbf the vitriol wasn't quite what I remember, but...

Solskjaer confirmed. Hilarious.

I had a bet with a mate who’s a Utd fan a couple of weeks ago that Wolves would finish above them this season (brave I know but it’s only a tenner and I’d had a few pints at the time). Gave him a 4 point headstart and that gap is down to 1, so I was gutted to hear Jose had been sacked earlier as they were only going one way with him in charge, but Solskjaer ‘til the end of the season is superb news for me.

Are we all going to just ignore what happened when he was in charge at Cardiff? Shocking appointment.

They have written the season off. Clearly don't want Europa League and champions league is beyond them. I can see Cardiff beating them on Saturday.

Jesus wept. This is Christmas a week early. We need to really keep our shit together as we have a great opportunity here. Trouble is Everton will no doubt be thinking the same.

And he has so far beaten Spurs in the league of note. In a game where De Gea saved them from an absolute twatting. I will with hold from hailing OGS as Rinus Michels reborn just for now.

I don't think anyone is doing that.

Doesn't really matter who you face in the Prem, if you win 6 on the bounce you are doing something right. It's all very basic what he is doing but it's working and he should get a degree of praise for that. To dismiss it is wrong and of course the media will go OTT because that's what they do.

Yeah, don't really have an opinion one way or the other about the media going all in on that storyline because that's all it is: a storyline.

I doubt half the pundits believe a lot of what they say is truly worth the coverage they're paid to give it.

He has employed some fairly basic ideas (the main one being NOT A COMPLETE CUNT) to manage to get a group of immensely talented individuals back on side and thinking as a group.

I don't think there are huge tactical moments of genius at work. But there definitely is some great man management in the mix.

(Plus Pogba has clearly picked up his tools again, which does sort of help - he needs to have a long hard look at himself for how he has acted.)

Winning 8 of 8 with 7 against PL opposition is hard to do for any team and OGS has done everything right so far. Mou and his negative football is in the past in modern football..all about counterattacks or high pressure games now..his tactics didnt have anything of that. Goaldifference in these 8 games is 22-5..

Great scenes at the Millwall game.

Handball goal given for Millwall. Everton furious and rightly so and made worse by the fact they keep showing the goal on the big screens at the ground. That then pissed off the Millwall manager who screams to get the replays stopped. Luckily for Millwall no VAR in this game as only Prem League grounds have it set up.

Without VAR the moment that the referee gave it, it was a goal really. Shame for the bitters of merseyside.

Snigger.

and now Millwall win it in the last minute!

Back