• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Hard to say since he's never really been tested in the Prem. Previous fans called him Mangala-Lite according to Alan.

Argument begins to fall apart right about "according to Alan". He thinks Altidore is basically Gerd Muller

Classic Mourinho deflecting from the fact that City are on a different level to Utd by claiming Herrera should have had a penalty for a clear dive. He knows they can't compete and he can't cope with it.

Exactly.

I hate this point 'he's giving the ref a decision to make'. How about they just make the right decision?

If I remember correctly you were once considering taking a referees course. I don't know whether you did, but that comment of yours sadly misses the point. Players at all levels of the game look to take advantage of certain situations, and that is what happened at Anfield. The contact may not have been enough to encourage the theatrics that followed, but Lovren did push into the player thus giving the referee a decision to make. Had he kept his hands down the referee would not have awarded the penalty. I think the referee made the right decision, but Lovren gave him that decision to make.

Classic Mourinho deflecting from the fact that City are on a different level to Utd by claiming Herrera should have had a penalty for a clear dive. He knows they can't compete and he can't cope with it.

Agreed. I'm surprised he hasn't got more stick, the way he sets up against better teams has cost them this season

If I remember correctly you were once considering taking a referees course. I don't know whether you did, but that comment of yours sadly misses the point. Players at all levels of the game look to take advantage of certain situations, and that is what happened at Anfield. The contact may not have been enough to encourage the theatrics that followed, but Lovren did push into the player thus giving the referee a decision to make. Had he kept his hands down the referee would not have awarded the penalty. I think the referee made the right decision, but Lovren gave him that decision to make.

Agree Frank. All round stupid defending from Lovren as well

What else could mourinho do though apart from setup defensively, if he goes toe-to-toe with city united would have been destroyed

What else could mourinho do though apart from setup defensively, if he goes toe-to-toe with city united would have been destroyed

Have a plan on what to do when you have the ball, Utd didn't have one and that was obvious because they just kept hoofing it. He then used Zlatan as a route one target man when he came on. Yes City have better players overall but when you have no plan on how to attack them it makes it a lot easier.

Seen him play for numerous clubs now over 12 years or so and I still have no idea how Paul McShane ever made it as a professional footballer.

Watching Reading Cardiff. Madejski can’t be more than half full (unless the TV stand is rammed) and it’s not even that big. Reading are a true hoofball team now and have looked woeful.

Saying all this, Cardiff defender inexplicably heads it in his own net from a corner

Barrow has been good so far. Ditto Mendez-Laing.

Agree with Dan about McShane, he never looks like he won't either commit a foul or get left on his ass.

Cardiff are pace, power and organised. Aesthetically not the greatest on the eye but effective.

Cardiff are pace, power and organised. Aesthetically not the greatest on the eye but effective.

I’d disagree with that. Might not be a total football. But there’s decent movement and Interplay between players as well as some effective direct running.

It’s our mate Steve Martin the ref! Certainly going to watch more of this.

It’s our mate Steve Martin the ref! Certainly going to watch more of this.

He's just let Barrow get away with an awful tackle on Ecuele Manga without so much as talking to him. Already in good form.

I’d disagree with that. Might not be a total football. But there’s decent movement and Interplay between players as well as some effective direct running.

Matter of opinions but I don’t agree.

No matter how much I look at this Cardiff team, I can't fathom how they are where they are. They're starting at least five players tonight who wouldn't have got in our League One team.

Back