• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Could Abraham and Redmond have taken penalties that were any more pissweak? Put your fucking foot through it.

We played very well vs Poland but this was reverting to Boothroyd shite. He's got absolutely no business being involved at this level of football, someone like Chester or Barrow would be more fitting.

Could Abraham and Redmond have taken penalties that were any more pissweak? Put your $#@!ing foot through it.

We played very well vs Poland but this was reverting to Boothroyd $#@!e. He's got absolutely no business being involved at this level of football, someone like Chester or Barrow would be more fitting.

But the commentator said he's a good coach because of the number of teams he's managed...

Could Abraham and Redmond have taken penalties that were any more pissweak? Put your $#@!ing foot through it.

We played very well vs Poland but this was reverting to Boothroyd $#@!e. He's got absolutely no business being involved at this level of football, someone like Chester or Barrow would be more fitting.
They were those England penalties we've seen time and again though you knew they'd missed them before they took them. Abraham in particular didn't want to be there. Can't remember which manager it was, could have been Fergie but he said you don't pick your penalty takers before the game you pick them at the end of the match when you look into their eyes. If you did that you certainly wouldn't have picked Abraham.

Best team won by a mile, the negative approach once England got in front was a mirror image of many senior teams we've seen before.
No doubt the FA will throw out usual comments like they are proud and that we were unlucky. Sorry out of the 120 minutes tonight England were horse shit for 70 of them and should have been binned out in 90 minutes if it wasn't for that offside.
Same tactics as usual get in front then try to absorb pressure by punting the ball 70 yards down field.
How about keep possession of the ball.

Some will say I'm being to harsh but this wasn't a vintage German side and England got in front by being positive.
I understand it's a bit natural to drop back when your ahead but at some point you have to realise that the method isn't working and you have to do something different.
Seem to have this conversation on a two year cycle.

The worst of it is we have the players to keep the ball. That's a really good technical midfield that we sent out.

Aidy Boothroyd.

You don't really need to type anything else. Tactically he is about as present day as the St Bartholomew's Day Massacre.

Di Biagio
Celedas
Kuntz

The other coaches of the semi final sides.
There in is a huge problem lack of quality coaches in the English game at every tier of the pyramid.

Di Biagio
Celedas
Kuntz

The other coaches of the semi final sides.
There in is a huge problem lack of quality coaches in the English game at every tier of the pyramid.

Don't let quality of player confuse you about quality of coach. There isn't a correlation. However you do make a good point, the quality isn't there yet.

I don't agree with the England approach of counter attacking with pace as I think it's a flawed ideology put in place by Ashworth, who isn't my cup of tea. I understand why they've done it I just don't agree with it.

I think coaching is a much more diverse subject and I think the FA's approach is consistently wrong as it just doesn't allow for this diversity or freedom of thinking. Every idea is shut down immediately and that's just wrong. It's why we end up with crap like Boothroyd in charge of a major group of players.

What's the chances of two semi final teams both being managed by Kuntz?

Italy level...for about two minutes! What a strike

What a shot from distance from Saul there!

I always love a Kuntz joke. I saw Frank McLintock do a Kuntz joke at sporting speaker of the year at the Grosvenor in about 2005 and it still doesn't get old

Lost to Gareth Chilcott's bad rugby jokes (they were really good but boy does the Bedminster Bristol City-loving ex Bath forward hate the Welsh!) and some magnificent filth from Fred Trueman. It couldn't have been long before he died and he was SUPERLATIVE.

Ceballos is magic too..how many tunnels?

So many good players going forward

It might've been embarrassing in the final if England had got through...This Spain team is pretty good and Saul, hmmm

Back