• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Happens far too often.

2-0 game over. Harsh on Liverpool but they are awful defensively and could be in for a very long second half at this rate.

Not a red for me. Keeper knew he would be challenging against a foot.

The ref had made his decision before the keeper had hit the ground. So it wasn't based on the severity of the injury.

Good decision imo endangered an opponent, intention has fuck all to do with it regardless whether he had to go for the ball.
His foot is head height when he makes contact with the keeper.

Didn't think it was a red a first glace, but having seen it more it is definitely a red. The pace of the collision combined with the height of the boot makes it very dangerous.

Definite red card. The ball was at such a height that the forward could and should have challenged for a header with the keeper and the chance that he would win the duel and be taken out by the keeper and have the chance of the keeper being the one to be red carded. However he lead with his foot ridiculously high and went studs in to the face of the keeper who was upright so clear dangerous play

Definite red card. The ball was at such a height that the forward could and should have challenged for a header with the keeper and the chance that he would win the duel and be taken out by the keeper and have the chance of the keeper being the one to be red carded. However he lead with his foot ridiculously high and went studs in to the face of the keeper who was upright so clear dangerous play

As much as I agree. Would a clash involving Mane head butting the keeper be any less dangerous?

"Serious foul play - a tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play."

As much as I agree. Would a clash involving Mane head butting the keeper be any less dangerous?

It would be ruled less dangerous with regards to they were both trying to head the ball and a collision can occur...To jump at speed, your foot about 6 feet from the ground and your studs into the face of an almost totally upright keeper is where the problem lay

"Serious foul play - a tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play."

Thank you Frank

I personally think that when you see the later replays the challenge entirely fits into the endangers the safety part of that definition. There wasn't brutality necessarily but it was definitely reckless. For me, the referee has got it exactly right. That doesn't stop it being a shame because the game was showing signs of being a cracker, but the person to blame for ruining it is the reckless player, and not the referee interpreting the laws in an absolutely correct fashion.

No intent of course (although he would have known Ederson was going to be there or thereabouts) but how anybody can say that's not a red card is beyond me.

regular-16-9

Good grief. Thighs like a horse.

Ederson lowering his head towards the boot helped increase the damage to his looks a bit.....

It was interesting on SSN. McInally was calling the decision an absolute joke and really was getting quite hot under the collar. Le Tiss just said it was a red, end of.

Absolute horror show for Lee Chung-Yong.

Back