• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

It wasn't really a great effort. He got done for pace by Koscielny for a start, lucky to get the ball back, then mustafI falls over and he still only scores off a deflection.

If you don't see effort in all that then I don't know what to tell you.

Oblak has been superb tonight. Top keeper.

If you don't see effort in all that then I don't know what to tell you.
Tell me why it's 'great'? It's hardly a 4 minute mile or a sub 10s 100m. It was a distinctly average goal.

Crazy to think that three of Atletico's last four starting keepers have been David de Gea, Thibaut Courtois, and Jan Oblak.

That lower tier at arsenal has emptied very quickly. Look like the North Bank now.

Tell me why it's 'great'? It's hardly a 4 minute mile or a sub 10s 100m. It was a distinctly average goal.

There are about four points in the build up to that that lesser players would have given up on it. Sure, there was shit defending to go along with it (as I said), but you have to give Griezmann credit for sticking with the play, chasing the ball down in the first place, completely shrugging off Koscielny, and making the finish at the end of it, no matter how simple that final moment ended up being.

There are about four points in the build up to that that lesser players would have given up on it. Sure, there was shit defending to go along with it (as I said), but you have to Griezmann credit for sticking with the play, chasing the ball down in the first place, completely shrugging off Koscielny, and making the finish at the end of it, no matter how simple that final moment ended up being.
Really don't get your point, any average striker would have done that. And he didn't make the finish, it deflected off Mustafi.

Let's not big players up for running around.

Totally disagree that "any average striker" would have done that.

Let's not minimize players for scoring massive away goals in European competition.

I watched about ten minutes and all I saw was Danny Divebeck chucking himself on the floor. Guy needs to have a word with himself.

There are about four points in the build up to that that lesser players would have given up on it. Sure, there was shit defending to go along with it (as I said), but you have to give Griezmann credit for sticking with the play, chasing the ball down in the first place, completely shrugging off Koscielny, and making the finish at the end of it, no matter how simple that final moment ended up being.

It was good persistence, but it's more Kevin Doyle than Cristiano Ronaldo.

He didn't shrug Koscielny off, the big galoot fell on his arse attempting a stupid clearance.

It was good persistence, but it's more Kevin Doyle than Cristiano Ronaldo.

He didn't shrug Koscielny off, the big galoot fell on his arse attempting a stupid clearance.

I didn't say it was a great strike tbf. Just great effort.

This forum has definitely taught me where the stereotype of British negativity comes from. :icon_wink:

Not wrong though, am I ;)

Superlatives should be used in moderation, young man.

Secretly, I've never disagreed with you. :beerchug:

Over to Fulham to carry the battle to join us in the Prem into the Final league game.

This should be a walk in the park for them and would expect them to extend the unbeaten run to a simply ridiculous 23 games but football can be a pain at times. I imagine you would have got good money if you had bet on Sunderland to beat Derby the other week.

Imagine going 23 games unbeaten and still being that many points behind. Fuck me, it is going to be demoralising for whomever finishes third.

Imagine going 23 games unbeaten and still being that many points behind. Fuck me, it is going to be demoralising for whomever finishes third.

Just have a bad feeling for Fulham staying unbeaten until the Play off Final and then losing it.

In Fulham's favour, they've forever been chasing. Because of their atrocious start (4 wins in 17 really is dire for a squad like that) then they've never been in a position to hold the initiative and chuck it away.

Cardiff will be buggered if they mess it up. However if they win tomorrow (not simple, Hull aren't that bad) then I think it's done. They'll beat an awful Reading team on the final day.

I expect a Hull win tomorrow. I don't expect Sunderland to keep Villa dreaming of a miracle tonight though.

I'm amazed Fulham have sorted themselves out, they looked dreadful at molineux earlier this season

So Sunderland, already relegated and fuck all to play for have rolled up at Craven Cottage to play for a point. Top stuff.

Back