• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Because they can’t get the decision right when they watch it on a replay so how they going to do it live when there’s 3 or more different opinions.

It works in NFL because each official is looking at a different element of the play Whereas with referees you’d have 3 men deciding what is a fouls in the middle of a pitch. I can pretty much make that decision from the stand so the bloke standing 10m away should be fine.
But clearly he's not. There's too much ground to cover and too many things to look at.

We can't get one good referee to take charge of most of our games.

I don't want the idiocy triplicated thank you very much.

Because they can’t get the decision right when they watch it on a replay so how they going to do it live when there’s 3 or more different opinions.

It works in NFL because each official is looking at a different element of the play Whereas with referees you’d have 3 men deciding what is a fouls in the middle of a pitch. I can pretty much make that decision from the stand so the bloke standing 10m away should be fine.

I think the game is easier to ref from the stands

We can't get one good referee to take charge of most of our games.

I don't want the idiocy triplicated thank you very much.

I'd hope that more eyes on a foul would help minimize the idiocy but I suppose it could serve to exacerbate it.

It is a penalty if contact continues into the box.

I know that but nothing happens inside the box, it's barely a foul as it is but Trippier waits to get inside the area and then drops. That's clear to see once you see the replay.

Yes if the ref or in this instance the VAR ref believes the foul continues into the box then the fact it started outside becomes irrelevant. Personally I think it's debatable whether he is fouling him in the box, but the laws state that the foul in the box overrules wherever it starts.

Fuck VAR..get rid of it now..goalline technology is enough

Think the penalty incident is another one where I come out hating both players. Defender being a moron with his arms all over him, not a great deal of force but why do it? Trippier just continues relatively unhindered until he crosses that white line and suddenly his legs turn to jelly.

There's so much shit in the game.

Bern watching the Lazio v Milan cup game as I needed a Lazio win in 90 mins for my bet to come in. Currently headed for penalties in extra time.

Other than their obvious star players, Suso (AM/R), Rodriguez (LB), Bonaventura (CM) have all caught the eye for Milan. Silva hasn't been playing up front (He still doesn't have a league goal for them btw).

Lazio have been pretty rubbish. Savic had done bugger all, for all his hype. Lucas Leiva has probably been their best player which says it all. And he's playing a holding CM role nowadays.

All this co-commentated by Tony Gale. Who is still as dreary a bloke to listen to as ever.

Milan have suddenly started playing well under Gattuso. No idea what will happen this summer to them.

Immobile has scored 32 goals in 32 games apparently. That's some going.

And Kalinic shoots over from 12 yards to win it. Awful.

Some shocking penalties. 4 saved in a row now.

Luis Felipe skys one Waddle style in sudden death and Romagnoli (A Lazio fan) takes Milan to the final.

Crap stuff Lazio considering they're 3rd in the league and at home.

Wenger's programme notes tonight:
4372a178b9f440b091a7a95e82e984e6.jpg

All three City goals have been so unbelievably classy.

Back