• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Could it be that Wolves lose in cup competitions to bothg eventual winners?

How can they be making such a mess of it?

Every ref seems to have their own twist on it and they're all wrong in some way.

The officials aren't good enough and this was one of the points i raised when i said i wasn't a fan. We need to work on the officials first because if we're still coming to wrong decisions after using VAR especially when it's clear then what is the point.

For the life of me I can't understand why there aren't more than three (technically four) officials on the pitch.

Because they can’t get the decision right when they watch it on a replay so how they going to do it live when there’s 3 or more different opinions.

It works in NFL because each official is looking at a different element of the play Whereas with referees you’d have 3 men deciding what is a fouls in the middle of a pitch. I can pretty much make that decision from the stand so the bloke standing 10m away should be fine.

That's not a penalty either, Trippier just waits until he gets in to the area then drops. It's a fucking mess.

Dempsey and Savage are fucking idiots, that kind of penalty hasn't been allowed for ages. You can't stop stock still in your run up.

A bizarre half not helped by Savage and Dempsey acting like dicks.

Good work from Michel Lonergan in nets there. How passive do you want to be?

Dempsey and Savage are fucking idiots, that kind of penalty hasn't been allowed for ages. You can't stop stock still in your run up.
The wording of the rules on the FA website is a little odd, can't feint kicking the ball but apparently can feint during the run up.

Yeah i was under the impression that you can't stop still in your run up but the laws of the game on the FA website do not back that up.

Why was that first spurs goal disallowed? I can't see anything wrong with it

Why was that first spurs goal disallowed? I can't see anything wrong with it

Mr VAR says Llorente pulled the defender, both players had hold of each others shirts and the defender gets pulled down when Llorente reacts to get the ball. Never a foul.

I hate to say it, as normally moving on with technology is thought of as a GOOD THING, but VAR needs to be completely binned off until the authorities and the referees sort it out. This is farce.

I hate to say it, as normally moving on with technology is thought of as a GOOD THING, but VAR needs to be completely binned off until the authorities and the referees sort it out. This is farce.

All the ref / fourth official / stadium announcer / video screen needs to do is explain what's happened.

I.e. VAR review - Penalty or free quick
VAR decision - penalty, foul occurred inside the box. Rule blahdy blah

They're not getting the right decisions though.

Back