• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

To be honest, they are just so badly organised above all else. They don’t have their best ever squad but there are some players out there that could be so much better with better guidance

Yep, that's exactly it. A decent coach, as Wenger was, would sort this out (and realise they need a defender and CM).

Neville's comments are borderline disgraceful, needs to have a long hard look at that invinceables shaped chip on his shoulder.

I just think Arsenal's squad is all over the place, they've got too many players of conflicting styles and strengths, it's really difficult for them to pick a side where most of them look like they'll be on the same page and compliment one another. Their recruitment has been horrible for a good while now.

Bet they'd be good at five-a-side though, particularly on astroturf. Lightweights.

Yep, that's exactly it. A decent coach, as Wenger was, would sort this out (and realise they need a defender and CM).

Neville's comments are borderline disgraceful, needs to have a long hard look at that invinceables shaped chip on his shoulder.

You REALLY don't like Neville, do you? :icon_lol:

I think he's spot on. Best commentator out there IMO.

You REALLY don't like Neville, do you? :icon_lol:

I think he's spot on. Best commentator out there IMO.
He's just shocking. His bias comes through all the time, I don't even think he's that insightful - he was clearly an appalling manager.

A commentator should not be biased, that's all.

He's just shocking. His bias comes through all the time, I don't even think he's that insightful - he was clearly an appalling manager.

You're never going to not have a biased commentator really, they're all going to have soft spots for teams and dislike others as you do even if it is more subtle than Neville.

As long as you're aware of the bias don't see the issue, don't think he is wrong with his criticism of Arsenal either.

You're never going to not have a biased commentator really, they're all going to have soft spots for teams and dislike others as you do even if it is more subtle than Neville.

As long as you're aware of the bias don't see the issue, don't think he is wrong with his criticism of Arsenal either.
Nah, of course people will be biased but the good commentators don't let it drip out every game. In fact the really good commentators, like Jimmy Armfield etc, take pride in being balanced.

I think Neville was spot on today. Arsenals performance was embarrassing. Ospina was poor, defensively unorganised, weak and overran in midfield and created next to nothing up top.

As for his criticism of Xhaka and Ramsey, he was bang on. Jogging back when City break on them is pathetic, bust a gut to get back. Not the first time those two have thrown in the towel when things not going well. Liverpool away springs to mind as well

Completely disagree. When discussing the game he says what he sees. I find him easy to listen to and insightful. I didn't think he was biased today - just honest.

I remember when Torres scored for Chelsea at Barcelona - THAT was biased but tbh when it's British sides in Europe I don't mind too much as long as his opinions on the game measure up and I think they do.

I guess different people want different things from commentators but Neville is the best there is IMO.

If Neville was biased, surely he'd be massively anti Man City. Instead, he said it how it is about Arsenal's gutless defensive performance.

Arsenal fan TV is fucking glorious tonight.....just pissed my pants watching it.

I have a lot of respect for Wenger but surely that was proof positive he can't match the best in England, let alone Europe, any longer.

If Neville was biased, surely he'd be massively anti Man City. Instead, he said it how it is about Arsenal's gutless defensive performance.

You could claim bias that by destroying Arsenal he was avoiding crediting Man City with anything?

I do wish the BBC would stop asking Ian Wright for his 2p views after every Arsenal defeat.

For anyone that hasn't seen it check out Napoli's 3rd goal tonight, brilliant team to watch.

I tend to essentially never agree with him and he's not a very good pundit (although he is better than he was), however I admire his passion. He cares about football, he cares about Arsenal and England. He's their Bully.

No offence and all that, but you used to not even watch Wolves when we were on TV, so I'm not shocked that his style jars with you.

Must say the half time music at Swansea has been more interesting than the match.

Sheff Wed have been mince tonight.

Lawrenson is up there with the very worst commentators, cliche bingo.

Back