• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

No, it has memories for me as we had a party for my 40th at the Western where everyone had to wear a football shirt but Wolves shirts were barred. I was so embarrassed when Kenny's wife also turned up in a Sparta Prague shirt. Who could have imagined that coincidence with so many teams to choose from?

I was so embarrassed when Kenny's wife also turned up in a Sparta Prague shirt.

My Sparta Prague top.....bloody women.

Same party that I turned up wearing a Bohemians shirt and Quirk's sister had decided the Irish style was also the way to dress

No, it has memories for me as we had a party for my 40th at the Western where everyone had to wear a football shirt but Wolves shirts were barred. I was so embarrassed when Kenny's wife also turned up in a Sparta Prague shirt. Who could have imagined that coincidence with so many teams to choose from?

Mostly tongue-in-cheek anyway, although would be cool as you can probably count the number of Americans that own an SPP shirt on one hand.

Dundalk 1 up against Maccabi Tel Aviv!

Dundalk have beaten M'bi Tel-Aviv 1-0, great result

With the money they've earned so far is that their cost of running covered for the next season?

Easily, that game last night on its own probably covered the players wages for next season.

Average wage for LOI player is around €500-€650 per week for 40 weeks and Dundalk wouldnt be the top payers, they have a squad of around 25 but that will include part-timers and kids, so the budget would be around €350-400k per year. Saying that the club have had to negotiated bonus with the players at each stage they have progressed, (as it never entered anybodys head that they would play more then 1 or 2 ties in Europe this season) and it seems the club has been generous to the players with the agreed sums. Also they will have to extend all the players contracts as they are all due to expire at the end of October.

Another amazing result for them, 4 years ago to the night they lost 7-0 in the same stadium to Shamrock Rovers in a season where they finished bottom of the league with 20pts from 30 games, only saved from relegation by Monaghan Utd going bust halfway through the season. Then the new manager came in.

How does the Irish league compare to, say, the SPFL?

The Irish league is basically part time football, the overall standard is worse than League Two.

The SPL is a much better standard. The LoI has so many problems. There's just not enough cash coming down from the FAI to entice decent players, let alone crowds. The infrastructure is poor, the standard of refereeing is poor, coverage from media is poor etc etc etc.

The prize money for winning the league is a joke. The money that the FAI put into the grassroots is a joke. And yet that charlatan John Delaney pays himself a quarter of a million a year plus bonuses. And also sells Olympics tickets at knock up prices as a sideline.

Dundalk are doing a great service to Irish football at a time when the future looks very bleak for most clubs and fans.

Lukaku puts Everton ahead from a fine free kick, but Crystal Palace may feel agrieved about the free kick being awarded. It looked like handball by the Everton player.

Good news folks. Deano is in the studio giving his expert opinion on the Swansea v Liverpool game.

Villa behind already.

RDM is an absolute fraud.

He's rubbish. No tactics at all.

Bony really is a waste of a shirt, he's offered absolutely fuck all this half.

Spurs pressing high against City, they don't look comfortable at all.

Otamendi so rash at times.

Back