• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

City get wrecked!

Fantastic move from Celtic gets them back in front, bit fortunate with the finish mind.

Get the fuck in Celtic!

Whatever happens tonight that is a fantastic start. Teirney is quality.

What the fuck is going on???? Pep teams don't concede like this.

To be fair they usually just don't give teams chance to attack by hogging the ball rather than being amazing defensively.

Love seeing teams getting one over Pep.

To be fair they usually just don't give teams chance to attack by hogging the ball rather than being amazing defensively.

Love seeing teams getting one over Pep.
Even when it's Brentdan?

Fair point Alan - I think I despise Brentdan more than Pep.

Arsenal doing brilliantly. And now Sterling scores a fookin cracker for Citeh.

Even when it's Brentdan?

It's not a personality thing, Rodgers' his teams have generally provided entertainment either through good football or woeful defending. Walking pace Tiki-Taka was like watching paint dry for me.

So does Pep.

That Sterling fella is good...

As if you think Tiki Taka is dull as fuck, it's the hardest style of football to play and when played at pace is unreal to watch. It probably can become boring if it's played at a slow pace and a team completely park the bus but that's generally to do with the other teams style. To be fair Tiki-taka isn't played by any team now anyway, it was pretty much just played Barca for a few years and isn't now.

Tiki-taka is keeping possession for possession's sake - which has never been Guardiola's intention at any side he has coached. Simply that other teams made it look like that by sitting off them ridiculously deep. What do you want them to do, give the ball away on purpose? That Barcelona side was a victim of it's own brilliance, one of the best teams ever.

I just found it a complete and utter yawn fest I am afraid. GERRIT FORWARD...

Agree. He came through the Nike Academy didn't he?

No idea, think this is the first time I've ever seen him.

As if you think Tiki Taka is dull as fuck, it's the hardest style of football to play and when played at pace is unreal to watch. It probably can become boring if it's played at a slow pace and a team completely park the bus but that's generally to do with the other teams style. To be fair Tiki-taka isn't played by any team now anyway, it was pretty much just played Barca for a few years and isn't now.

I was never a fan of his Barcelona side, the tempo was nearly always slow as fuck until Messi decided he fancied having a go at something and then you'd finally get some entertainment instead of just seeing Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets walking round within 15 yards of each other having their own little game. It always made it seem like they were playing well within themselves, they could've absolutely demolished sides if they'd wanted to but they just sat in first gear for 80 minutes of the game strangling the life out of teams, tactical brilliance but a complete entertainment void in my eyes. It'd be like watching the F1 with everyone driving below 50mph but keeping really neat lines, masterpiece of technique and all that but just no fun.

Tempo is key to me enjoying football, I'd rather watch the sort of thing Klopp goes for just inducing chaos and relying on his players understandings of each other being superior to the opposite so they can handle the frenzied pace, fuck controlling a game from start to finish just blow the game wide open and try to blast your opponents away. I'd even take the sort of backs to the wall thing Leicester were doing last season over monotonous, low tempo possession football, they were so well drilled off the ball and then unleashed that relentless counter attacking whenever they won it back.

I just found it a complete and utter yawn fest I am afraid. GERRIT FORWARD...

But like i mentioned and YW said it's generally made to look like that because other teams sit deep and actually don't come forward. When played at pace with spaces to attack the ball goes forward quickly and looks better than any other style

Brilliant first half, Zabaleta is totally done, not up to this level any more.

Leaving Stones out to play an attacking fullback at centre half not looking quite such a great decision now.

He's played Kolarov at CB a couple of times already this season though.

Back