• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

So if they are including the members and this is a simple 1 vote round where they all choose their favourite and the winner is PM then this is the open door for Boris to return.

Members will pick him and drown out the anti Boris MP's.

I would imagine they'll set the threshold to qualify above what he can reach.

149 actively voted to turf him out mere weeks ago and there'll be loads more who were on the Government payroll who couldn't at the time but would have done.

We'd be exactly where we are now, a Government that can't function.

Also, do you think he really wants to deal with this shit? If I said "Boris, there's a tenner on the side, nip over the road and get me a sandwich, I'll be back in an hour", I wouldn't trust him to do it. The tenner might have magically disappeared though.

I think it's what Johnson was planning on, but has come too early. I think he needed 6 months not 6 weeks. It'll be Sunak if a coronation, Mordaunt if it goes to the members

Also, do you think he really wants to deal with this shit? If I said "Boris, there's a tenner on the side, nip over the road and get me a sandwich, I'll be back in an hour", I wouldn't trust him to do it. The tenner might have magically disappeared though.
He has never wanted to deal with any shit but having the title of PM he likes. Having the title PM after, as he thinks, being stabbed in the back he def wants that.

If he ever goes in front of that Committee (December I think it is) then he's getting found guilty.

Then he loses his seat because believe me, 10% of voters in Uxbridge will ask for a recall petition, and he was on shaky (local) ground 12 months ago let alone now.

Can't happen.

I would imagine they'll set the threshold to qualify above what he can reach.

149 actively voted to turf him out mere weeks ago and there'll be loads more who were on the Government payroll who couldn't at the time but would have done.

We'd be exactly where we are now, a Government that can't function.

The threshold is critical. Labour payed the price of a low threshold which opened the door for Corbyn.

If it comes down to Sunak and Braverman it will confuse the racist Tory membership that’s for sure.

There will be plenty of Tory MPs in marginal seats that will back Boris simply because of his appeal to the electorate. Truss has been so utterly awful they will happily overlook his multitude of flaws as self preservation is ingrained in them and he is almost certainly the only person that could win them the next election. I just hope the threshold is high enough to keep him out and if it isn’t that the British public have good memories as to why he was booted out in the first place.

Johnson is electoral poison. Look at the seats they were losing under his leadership.

They can pretend it's 2016 if they like.

Living in unprecedented times though, they could bring him back, man of the people, quickest vaccine rollout, got brexit done, he’d do it because all attention would be on him again.
I hope every day he’s out the limelight really annoys him and makes him angrier, until the ball of anger inside him explodes like the chest buster in alien

I hope Johnson fucks off into the sun and is never heard from again. Not just because he's a massive cunt, but because I'm sick of hearing about 'Boris' like he's some kind of loveable rogue. Can't abide him - he's done so much damage to this country it's untrue.

He's a repugnant excuse for a human being.

Boris' only selling point now is that there's still a hardcore of voters who will follow him, regardless of whether they consider themselves Tories as well. There are going to be some MPs who are tempted if only because they might reason that "at least we'll only lose by 15 points instead of 30, then we won't be wiped out and can rebuild in opposition."

It's stupid logic, but this is a party of very limited intellectual prowess we're dealing with here.

It matters little apart from the serious damage it does to the rest of the country

Anyone with any intelligence of a greater amount than their ego will look at this and decide 'no way' am I going for this now.
There will be a GE at some point (needs to be now really) & at that point they are gone.

They might as well elect Mr Blobby for now as it wouldn't create any more chaos than we have had recently - he must qualify as the MP for Crinkley Bottom (appreciate that some of our overseas members may not be aware of him, but he has as valid a claim as the names being thrown up)

There really are cunts pushing for the return of the disgraced unkempt incompetent,

Fuck that shit. There would be riots.

If you'd have heard Marco Longhi on BBC a short while ago you'd think Boris was the Knight in shining armour - the vaccine, standing up to Putin, Brexit, etc

Back