• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

They know how to pick ‘em…

Andrew Cooper, the Conservative candidate in tomorrow’s Tamworth byelection, has defended sharing a Facebook post telling jobless parents who cannot feed their children to “fuck off” if they still pay a £30 phone bill,

They know how to pick ‘em…

Andrew Cooper, the Conservative candidate in tomorrow’s Tamworth byelection, has defended sharing a Facebook post telling jobless parents who cannot feed their children to “fuck off” if they still pay a £30 phone bill,
ftcms_cc04aee7-ab5c-4091-b3b6-25b4bae65702.jpeg

No wonder CCO have prevented him from doing any media interviews up until this point. He’s a clueless buffoon who speaks the same amount of crap that he posts. His election leaflet is based almost entirely around him being local and Labour bringing in a candidate from elsewhere who only rents a place in the town. The problem with that argument is that the local conservative association had already chosen to bring in someone from outside of the town (Walsall north mp Eddie Hughes) to fight the seat at the next general election. If Cooper loses tomorrow I’m sure he’ll stick to his principles and campaign against the ‘outsider’ from becoming the MP.

Love to know if he came up with this himself or whether it was the best CCO could come up with.
A question was asked in PMQs today for Sunak to condemn the post. He refused to as did his spokesperson in the media brief afterwards. If it was CCO who got him to speak out against it then they can’t all be singing from the same hymn sheet.

From Chris Mason:

Labour sources have been sounding consistently less positive about their campaign in Tamworth than the one in Mid Bedfordshire and also label winning it as "a moonshot.

3/1 The Conservatives if you fancy a flutter.

Hardly surprising in that constituency, I mean look who they've elected for the best part of 2 decades. I understand the reasons why not and with a GE a year away I guess pretty hollow, but if Labour and the Liberals can't come to an arrangement in this type of seat then they will continue to elect Tories

That was the next constituency to me growing up (my parents house was in Bercows constituency). They weigh the Conservative vote to save time.

If mid Beds is anywhere near close Rish! is in deep shit.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...nvested-nearly-2m-in-firms-linked-to-his-wife

We've already had one occasion of sunak apologising for not registering interests where his wife has an interest in a business & he/his party introduces a scheme to financially benefit from, and it now appears to have happened on at least 4 other occasions.

Exactly how many businesses does she have an interest in which have benefitted? Will that be the defence? "Sorry, she has so many businesses that we lost track of them, hence not registering them ".

It’ll be an oversight, he’ll apologise and we all move on to the next distraction

He will blame the civil service for not submitting the form he no doubt correctly filled in. The short arse wanker is corrupt and hoping to sail to victory by not being as insane as his two predecessors

If the exchange markets are to be believed then Labour look set to take both seats tonight. Conservatives In Bedfordshire have gone out from 1.5 to 3 in the Space of Half an hour. The Tories out to 7s to hold Tamworth.

I suppose it’s past wine o’clock but sane Nads is tweeting that a defeat in Mid Bedfordshire is nothing to do with her. It’s Sunaks fault.

Back