• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

If anyone's interested, There's a free article in the New Civil Engineer giving a complete breakdown of the HS2 in a timeline format.

Its being reported that the Euston station plans require private investment and if it doesn't happen then the line will stop at Wormwood Scrubs.

If anyone's interested, There's a free article in the New Civil Engineer giving a complete breakdown of the HS2 in a timeline format.
I used up my free article on the Ivanhoe Line. It was reported by Network rail a few weeks ago that it won't go to Leicester but in the Governments hastily arranged (because a decision had not been made) 40 page document yesterday it stated that it would. I'll wait for the dust to settle and a real plan to be announced as the Manchester Airport tram plan shows that they don't know their arses from their elbows.

I don't know a lot about HS2 (as this question will prove)

But work that's been undertaken north of Lichfield, that's presumably been quite significant? That's just abortive work now presumably?

Handsacre is getting a glow up with everyone saying it's in Lichfield. It's Rugeley

But work that's been undertaken north of Lichfield, that's presumably been quite significant? That's just abortive work now presumably?
No, it's going to Handsacre, goes around Lichfield to Fradley and turns NW

I stand to be corrected but it was mentioned yesterday that work on the Northern section had not commenced. The work I see each day will be part of the section that heads to Handsacre.

Reported on the news that there will be NO compensation for those homes, farms and places of work impacted by the cancellation as all premises will have been paid as their compo would have been at market rates.
I bet it wasn't at market rates. There'll have been loads of places left derelict and now probably unfit to return to.
What happens to important historical sites and listed buildings....??
Absolute cuntery!

I stand to be corrected but it was mentioned yesterday that work on the Northern section had not commenced. The work I see each day will be part of the section that heads to Handsacre.
So we can still look forward to an average speed limit on the A38 until 2040 I guess.

So we can still look forward to an average speed limit on the A38 until 2040 I guess.
Get stuck in this every month when I travel up to Yorkshire! I like that stretch as you have a sign for Branston on the left as the Hellmanns factory appears on the right. I know, its just me!

Selling off land and property to finance paying a couple of hundred million of estimated penalties from contracts already signed.
I’m not sure anything can be done to stop it which is ludicrous considering a change of government is possible within the next 15 months and the project could be revived. It proves that his conversations with Andy Street were disingenuous as he stated that he’d be looking at outside investment to keep the project alive.

Patently obvious that the Express is planning to swing behind Cruella for a future leadership campaign.

Interesting that it’s “just” the section from Birmingham to Crewe that’s being flogged immediately. At least the eastern leg, and the section north of Crewe, might still be salveagable by the time the election rolls around - although I am now convinced that this zombie government is going to push it to Jan 2025. Anything to postpone to inevitable.

They'll leave it as long as possible in the hope Labour make some sort of massive gaff

There have been rumblings that he will go to the polls earlier. The change candidate narrative that he has been trying to portray this week won't wash (hopefully wouldn't anyway) the longer he continues to be PM.

We can but hope. Labour smashing the SNP last night might change his mind though.

Back