• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

LETS ROLL - Wolves v Everton The Premier League Return Build Up

As others have said, we can beat these. 2-1 win.

Now importantly, what pub pre-match?

As others have said, we can beat these. 2-1 win.

Now importantly, what pub pre-match?
London for me.

The extra bar has gone from our spot

Dicko came on for Leo and that sub along with Dave we lost control of the game

Just a year ago the likes of Edwards and Lonergan were still on our books, what a transformation.

Everton will be up for this. New manager, start of a season etc. Still, with Molineux rocking we can give them a good game.

Head: 1-1
Heart: 2-0 Wolves

Same team in the OP for me, unless we sign a worldly CB who will get in ahead of Bennett. Doherty will start at RWB regardless of who we sign IMO (unless it's someone absolutely ridiculous).

Key thing will be to keep things tight for the first 15-20 minutes. Nothing would be worse than to let in a sloppy goal or get carved open within the opening few minutes. Gotta feel that we are capable of hurting most teams in this division with our pace on the counter.

I want us to win this more than maybe any other match of the season, if for no other reason than to prove that Marco Silva ain't the hottest Portuguese coach around.

Think it will be a very difficult match, though. In fact, I'd be hard pressed to bet in any direction on any match at this level for the first few months.

It will be interesting to see how Premier league sides set up against us when they come to Molineux some may be happy with a point and sit in.

We do well enough against Everton at our place most times. Its important not to lose at home first up. Probably go for a 1-1 but would really love a win to set us up.

Like all games this season, I'm going to be nervous

I'm nervous too. Not too long to go though. The World Cup has really helped the season come by quicker.

Think it will be close but we'll just shade it......will be in Ypres so hoping a local bar will be showing it

Nervous for how we will play in this one. We're at home with the eyes of football on how we are going to do so the pressure will be on.

Everton will probably be quite defensive for this sort of game against a newly promoted and hyped team, so the onus is on us to take the game to them. I hope we come out of the blocks flying at them.

Did Silva's horrendous away form follow him from Hull to Watford? Seem to remember Hull being like chalk and cheese depending on whether they were home or away, could be a bonus.

Did Silva's horrendous away form follow him from Hull to Watford? Seem to remember Hull being like chalk and cheese depending on whether they were home or away, could be a bonus.

12 Away games at Watford W4 D1 L7. Not too shabby.

Kenny's team all day long. Bloody cant wait for this but it's gonna be a tough one.

Roll on Saturday and settling down in the London for the pre-match buildup. Really excited about it.

Hope/presume 1 or 2 newbies will arive before 5pm Thursday but if not, then same team that started the 2nd half v Villarreal

............#11

...Bennett - Coady - Boly

Doc - Moutinho - Neves - Jonny

......Costa - Jiminez - Jota

Think that there will be other squad movement before we start on Saturday, but even if the are not considered ready to start then could live with that line up - Everton will be a good test, but not the most fearsome we could face first up

Predict a 2 - 1 win

Same team as second half of the last friendly, barring new additions. I'd be tempted to have Vinagre play and move Jonny over but obviously not expecting that and don't think it's the end of the world if Doherty starts.

I think it'll be a close game. I'm excited and nervous to see how we'll step up this year. Part of me says we have so much quality, but then we weren't totally infalliable last season so can't be ultra confident. I'm gonna say this one is a draw, 1-1.

Everton have had a poor pre-season. We haven't. But that is just the phoney war. Let's see what happens when the real stuff starts. I think, especially at home, we have enough to win the match but we must be right on it.

Back