• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

LETS ROLL - Wolves v Everton The Premier League Return Build Up

On foot of these plums banging on about us playing too deep, we do actually play about 15 passes, all going slightly backwards till we're on the edge of our box, then we pass it back to Rui who just wallops it forward and into fucking touch.

Feels like Everton are doing exactly what we are in possession but the commentators are saying how amazing they are. It's a bit odd.

Everton very quick to crowd us and close us down, particularly Costa and he's not coping with it

Whilst I agree that McManaman is coming across overly critical at the minute I do feel there is some merit in what he's saying. Wolves do look to be lacking some intensity at the moment, they are sitting quite deep because it helps to maintain possession keeping the defenders in space but it does mean it's difficult for Wolves to really exert much pressure on Everton. Out of possession I think it's just a case that the high press is flavour of the month so it's what everyone wants to see rather than getting your shape organised and being compact, Wolves have actually done alright pressing Everton's defence and keeper when it's been played back there.

So far it's a tactical matter imo. The CB are playing way too deep, leaving Moutinho and Neves always in numerical disadvantage.

I'm not sure if just 2 guys in CM will be enough actually...for PL level.

Richarlison is a lot of a prick. I am not liking him much at all. A walking red mist.

Any one else want to.smack.that Scouse cunt Mcmanaman in the mouth?

Jimenez continuing to look lively, seems to offer everything Bonatini did whilst being considerably more physical and much better in the area. Helps that he looks like he actually wants to run and chase and plays like he's got a bit of fire in him opposed to languid Leo.

That press on the Everton backline paying dividends again.

Back